WSCC Trackday 2011

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Thanks for the replies Guys.

Some more info for you:-

This is expected to be an Exclusive WSCC event

There will be free Instruction

Noise 105db limit (ie noisy day)

1/4 Mile straight drag strip, so you can try your times out.

Open Pit lane after experience runs.

Pricing £ 110 per driver / car

Extra Driver £ 25

Passenger £ 10

We are looking at trying to get this as an on-line booking and payment, so will let you know when available. :D:D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• Paul Edden

sounds good, think I'll head down for this one....if anyone local can recommend accommodation nearby which is suitable for trailers let me know....also if any other Scottish members are heading down and want to travel in convoy, let me know.

Just to add my ten penneth;

This is a great venue which should satisfy the novice and the expert alike.  The novice can find his/her own limits without the usual worry of getting in the way of faster drivers.  If it all goes a bit Pete Tong, you will just find yourself in a harmless spin with nothing to hit for miles around!

To satisfy the expert, you can really let rip on this circuit - and find the true limit of his / her vehicle.

Whether novice or expert, there will be tuition (sorry - track guidance) available free of charge all day - plus some old hacks who will gladly strap themselves in alongside to provide the benefit of their wisdom.

Then - see how you like a trial at the Sprinting game - set a 1/4 mile time to be proud of!!

It would be great to make this an exclusive event - get it in your calendars now!

See you there. :)

We've been talking to Javelin about how we will be setting up this event and we can do the straight line 1/4 mile in the morning and change it to a timed slalom in the afternoon for a bit of variety if the drivers fancy it.  

We've been talking to Javelin about how we will be setting up this event and we can do the straight line 1/4 mile in the morning and change it to a timed slalom in the afternoon for a bit of variety if the drivers fancy it.  

oh yes  :t-up:

Just a heads up - those who want to stay nearby the night before, the local(ish) travellodge at Grantham South Witham seem to be offering rooms at £15.

I should be IN... already have that week booked on Holiday, may try to borrow a trailer {if not purchased one by then} so the wife and ankle muncher can come along as well

Im in  :D

Booked the Travelodge Thursday night, should start heading up the A1 from Barnet around 18-00 if anyone else is coming from dharn sarf.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds Good - diasry permitting I will be up for this.

Is there any Camping the night before?? and would this be nesr where the paddock is ? (will probably have Kids with me)

Will Javelin have any means of tyre changing ?

It's on a RAF base so probably no camping on site but I'll check.

I am interested in this, SteveH I can then have a ride in your car this time, will tell you my story now ref supercharging!.

Could someone be a bit more specific on the track surface, I have never done an airfield but I have been told always put a rubbish set of tyres on as the surface shreads tyres so wondering if I should go with my R888 or the rubbish wet tyres that came with car (no/limited grip).

Remembering I have to drive back on them afterwards!

thanks Chris

I haven't seen the surface there yet Chris but I'm told it's pretty good so I guess 888s would be OK.

I'm working for Javelin on this one so I don't know if they will have me doing rides or just straight instruction but I should have the car there and I'll see what I can sort, Nick can maybe take you out for a few laps if I'm in car with other drivers.

Any one else have a view on the surface as I say I have to drive back on legal tyres afterwards

Nick

When bookings are accepted/payment mechanicss organised can you make a separate post (to save us looking back on this thread to see if there have been updates)