WSCC Trackday 2011

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

WSCC has booked a trackday at RAF Cottesmore on Friday 26th August as the official WSCC Trackday for 2011. This will initially be held open for WSCC members and guests only. Provided we get the numbers then it will remain exclusive to WSCC (very good chance of this). It is a long track over twice that of Mallory and so we anticipate running open pit lane after an initial session to get people used to it

We are using Javelin to run the event and organise instructors etc. Also there will be a 1/4 mile sprint track set-up separately to allow some acceleration runs.

Further details to follow, but put in your diary for now.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveH

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• Paul Edden

Count me in, glad the WSCC are running a track day this year

Nice one chaps

:D

:D

Yippeee! Where's it at? Haven't time to look now, just off to Crook to see about a new cage! ;)  ;)

Nick, I've tried to check from some videos but there's not many with good quality footage, is the surface all concrete?

Nick, I've tried to check from some videos but there's not many with good quality footage, is the surface all concrete?

a mixture - the track layout is good  :t-up:

I am booked in for Cadwell and Snett that month already so finances might be stretched to make this one - will be there if I can though

Right ho, count me in for this. Its near Oakham, hour and three quarters max from my home! :t-up:  :t-up:

Sounds like I may get the chance to do a SS 1/4 mile time.

Cant wait. :)  :)  :)

well done!!!

looking forward to it

Any idea what the surface is like, previous experiences of airfields mean the first hour is spent 'pebble dashing' the rear wings with all the loose grit

surface is fairly typical of many airfields

I was there a few weeks ago - just gaffa tape your car up

side of the tub

front of the nose cone (if a lot of cars on track)

rear arches

front of cycle wings

light headlight lens

mirrors

takes about 15mins - do this and rip it off at the end of the day no problems at all

you will have a great time - they have a good track layout just right for westies with some good twisty bits and the couple of longer straights are not too long so you are not bouncing off the limiter

the organisers were nice and laid back with good organisation too

a few piccies all taped up

P1060426.jpg

P1060383.jpg

P1060394.jpg

Didnt bother to do my nosecone as there were not many cars on

get it booked - I will be there if finances allow  :suspect:

it was 105 on the day I think

105 was mentioned, but the hint was that no one really cared. They stressed the need not to zoom around the village though.

Really looking forward to this one.  There's been a small drop-off in interest for Mallory over the last year or two so lets get behind this event and make the most of the chance to do an exclusive Westfield day.

This venue was chosen to give members a bit of variety for the regulars but also because it's novice friendly and a great introduction to trackdays for any members that have not got their car out on track yet.  

It'll be interesting to get the car son the 1/4 mile as well  :cool: .

Steve H