Castle Combe

dreed

Well this would have been my first speed event, I've got all the kit, just received the stickers etc in the post, motor home prepared. :)

Last Friday, Westfield and I decided to go for a run in the sun just to make sure all is in order. Unfortunately, we ended up in a ditch, car is waiting a decision from the insurance regarding repair or write off. I came away with a stiff neck. :arse:

So best wishes to you all, enjoy the first event and the season, may see you out there later in the season depending on car, or as a marshal. :D

Regards

Dave Reed

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• MartinH

• Tigger

b****y hell Dave! Bad luck there - glad you are OK

sorry to hear that Dave :(

bad luck .hope you ok

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope you get it sorted soon.

Good luck to everybody who goes there.

Sorry to hear your not competing Dave I hope the body and the car recover.

I've also had to withdraw from Combe, my wife has a medical problem that has resulted in 3 hospital appointments this week unfortunately the last was yesterday so there’s no way I could make it to Wiltshire.  A pity it's a great circuit, I enjoyed it so much last year.

I just hope my withdrawal let another Westfield in.

Just got home from spectating today, everything was delayed by 'timing equipment problems' so not many runs were done before 11am....

No major offs or breakdowns as far as I could see:

Del's car wouldn't run in the afternoon after he'd handed it over to Paul Aspden  :devil:  possible fueling problem I think

Kevin Jones had a front cycle wing stay break which let the cycle wing and remaining 'bit' dig into the slick so he trailed white smoke all the way round - bit odd that no flag was shown to him... maybe they thought red indians were sending a message  :oops:  :bangshead:

Mr Chairman Edden got sent back to the paddock for being a noisy git.... and then he started his engine  :laugh:  the Speed Series 'gang' rallied round and helped him get it repacked (also helped by Paul waving his credit card at Merlin Motorsport) though not aided by a couple of allen bolts being seized in the endcaps - "so Paul, when did you last repack this?" "erm....it hasn't been touched since it went on the car 7 years ago..."  :oops:   :D  all sorted and they let him out for the afternoon  :t-up:

and finally, mr ex-chairman Stanton's burgundy car was seen in the paddock in new hands so it'll be interesting to see it being driven by someone else - who mentioned power to weight ratio  :devil: or 'talent' :suspect:  :p  :D

Great to see everyone and thank you for your kind comments regarding my recent illness etc it was wonderful to get back to paddock banter again  :love:  :D

ahhh the good old coombe noise tests  :D

Good to hear no offs especially as this is the first race of the season.

Looking forward to getting the results :D

Tigger, I'm not sure I should say this but Pete Goulding was surprised at just how fast his car is now  :devil:  :p  :laugh:

I heard that Mr G  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :p  :p  :p its about time the car won another pot  :D  :D  ;)  :p

Tigger, I'm not sure I should say this but Pete Goulding was surprised at just how fast his car is now  :devil:  :p  :laugh:

Pete, I used to like you :p:laugh:

I heard that Mr G  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :p  :p  :p its about time the car won another pot  :D  :D  ;)  :p

Don't you start either, your not too big to poke in the eye :)