Buttercup the rebirth

Matt Seabrook

Mounts for the roll cage had to be added. Rather than bolt them in seeing as I have a bare chassis I thought I would weld them in. This should help to make them as rigid as possible.  The cross braces should help a little with chassis stiffness to. I have welded captive nuts on to the bake of the tubes to make life easier and neater.

DSC_5670.jpg

DSC_5665.jpg

DSC_5671.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Seabrook

• Darrell O'Neill

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Martin Keene

The gear lever is too far forward so I made a gear lever extension for it. I wanted the remote gear lever as positive as possible so I made up an extension with bearings in both the original and the remote gear lever. This was almost as good as using the gear lever straight out of the gearbox. This is what it looked like when it was in Buttercup

gearlever.jpg

Thanks. Out of interest the bearing used are from skate board trucks. :D