Will I fit?

kev91

Haha well it has got the padded fiberglass seat  :laugh:

I'm a young wiper snapper ill have not problem getting in and out. Famous last words  :p

Hi,

I'm 6' 4" tall and weigh around 15stone.

I had problems when I was looking at cars but I have opted for a sei W and fit no bother. It has a GRP seat which helps but room for movement on the seat still.

If your anywhere near mansized it will have to be a widebody as mentioned above.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks,

Can anybody tell what shape a megablade is, as the dealer doesn't really know what he is talking about?

Thanks,

Can anybody tell what shape a megablade is, as the dealer doesn't really know what he is talking about?

Assuming it to be a true megablade chassis then it'll be a wide body, but there is a slim chance that it may be blade engine in an earlier car which could then be either a narrow or wide body.  You may be able to tell better if you can find out the chassis age (not the date of registration).

The latest chassis numbers IIRC are 17 digits and will start SA9, the 10th digit will be the year of manufacture (eg 7=2007 and 9=2009).

The easiest way to check for a dropped floor is to look under the seats.  On a car with a lowered floor there will be a fabricated pan under the seats the bottom of which will be roughly 2" lower than the rest of the underside of the car.  If it has a standard floor then the panels under the seats will be at the same height as the footwell panels and the rest of the underside of the car. :t-up:

The chassis num is Sa9wsiw177x039084.

I guess making a '07 chassis and it was registered in '08 then. Thanks for this knowledge. According to the westfield certificate of newness the model is a megablade.

Would this make it a wide body?

Yes that's a 2007 chassis so definately a wide body.  

That chassis number is only a couple of digits different to my own and mine came with a dropped floor as standard from the factory so you may be lucky there too.

Orite that's interesting. What is your westie?

Well looks like ill be calling up tomorrow and putting a deposit down and speaking to the bank man  :D

I'm 6'-4" and had to fit fiberglass seats and extend the steering column in my 92 wide body, but to date have driven around most of the British Isles, to Le mans (and back) raced and sprinted it, with no problems

I have tried narrow bodies, but not a snowballs chance in hell ;)

Orite that's interesting. What is your westie?

Well looks like ill be calling up tomorrow and putting a deposit down and speaking to the bank man  :D

Mines a Mazda SDV, but the basic chassis' are all the same except for slight variations between the shape of transmission tunnels and various mounting brackets for different engines, gearbox and sterring columns etc.