Will I fit?

kev91

Hello,

I am looking to buy my first westfield but I am a bit unsure wiether I'll actually fit in one. As you can imagine i aint the smallest bloke in the world.

I am on here to find out if there is a kind person that stays close to me(glasgow) that will let me see if i can fit in there westie, only due to the fact that the one I am after is a 760mile round trip to find out that i don't fit.

If anybody can help or tell me if there for one for sale in this area it shall be greatly appreciated. I will travel a little if somebody can help.

Many thanks

Kevin

Make sure the one you are chasing is wide body model

Make sure the one you are chasing is wide body model

how tall are you and weight?

Hi Kev,

Welcome to the forum firstly :D

Unless you are a giant, I suspect you will fit into one, you want to see the size of some of the guys on the forum :laugh:

Many over 6'2" can fit and there are options as in, moving seats, steering wheels, pedals (at a push) and removing interior panels so don't discount it too soon.

Best bet is to try and get to a meeting near you (may be hard up in Glasgow) but check out this post for some owners near you.

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin....berdeen

IF, as Terry says above, you could give us your basic weight and height , we could guestimate but there is nothing better than actually sitting in one for fit and feel :).

Good luck with the search

Tiggs

Unless you are a giant, I suspect you will fit into one, you want to see the size of some of the guys on the forum :laugh:

Hi Kev,

I'm a giant..........I'm at least 6ft 5 but I'm skinny.

I test drove a car 10 years ago and it was no use.

I'm now building one with lowered floor-what a big difference 2 inches makes! :D  :p  :D

I'd hold out for a car with with lowered floor for sure if you're tall. The sport turbo seats seem to give a bit more room too.

Doug

Unless you are a giant, I suspect you will fit into one, you want to see the size of some of the guys on the forum <!--emo&:laugh:

Hi Kev,

I'm a giant..........I'm at least 6ft 5 but I'm skinny.

I test drove a car 10 years ago and it was no use.

I'm now building one with lowered floor-what a big difference 2 inches makes! :D  :p  :D

I'd hold out for a car with with lowered floor for sure if you're tall. The sport turbo seats seem to give a bit more room too.

Doug

You can buy the lowered floor pan as an add on to any Seiw I believe.

You may need to remove the supporting bar (or move it if needed) but Westfield can now supply these in Steel :D

• Like 1

Even without the lowered floor we've had some quote tall owners here over the years; between tweaking the steering wheel height and size plus careful choice of seats and how they're mounted, there's a lot you can do. The biggest limitation really, is probably the width from cockpit side to tunnel side at the hips, it's pretty generous in a wide body model, I cann't remember the exact figure, but something around 42 or 44 cm sticks in my mind. Of you can fit that gap, then most other things can be worked round.  :t-up:  :D

Thanks for the welcome and real quick replies. Might have worded it a little wrong. I am only 5'10" but am 17.5stone(may affect performance) like what gadgetman said its the width that my concern. I'm a 42" waist so sounding a little tight.

Thanks for the welcome and real quick replies. Might have worded it a little wrong. I am only 5'10" but am 17.5stone(may affect performance) like what gadgetman said its the width that my concern. I'm a 42" waist so sounding a little tight.

Pah, you're a minnow, in fact you might need cushions wedging in either side of you to stop you sliding around  :oops:  ;)  :D  :D  :D

(seriously though, at that waist size, unless you're particularly wide in build, shouldn't be a problem).

:D  :D  :D

Wouldn't worry about padding I got plenty of that   :p

That's starting to put me a ease

might be tight dependant upon the seat type - if the car has fibreglass bucket type seats you can ditch them for padded sports seats without the high sides and you will probably be ok - good luck  :t-up:

Kev91

Your just a short A***! :laugh:

Seat width will need to be appropriate though but there are lots available that will work

Well I’m 6,2” and built like a brick s**t house (tall, dark, & extremely handsome) I have no problems fitting in a narrow body like keira knightly but do struggle to get my head in with the roof on.  :p

Thanks terry for reminding me.  :laugh:

Got no such problem for height as the one I'm after has not got any weather gear.

Just by way of comparison my first Westy had the upholstered seats and a lowered floor, the current one has fibreglass seats sitting directly on a flat floor and the latter is the better fit.  I am just under 6' and about 16 and a half stone.

By the way, getting out is harder than getting in for an old git like me  :p

Rory's Dad