first car required for 17 year old

barry peel

Good luck finding a cheap classic mini in good condition.

I spotted one a few weeks ago at a local car dealers. it was immaculate and had a price tag of £4500.00  :0

As has been said before, add a woman to the policy and it will reduce the premium. When I added my wife to the policy I got a 20% reduction.

The other thing I don't understand is parents who buy their children cheap old cars. Whether they are boys or girls they are more likely to crash at this time in their life than at any other, yet we put them in the most dangerous cars.  ???

My brother put his kids through private education £15-20K a year then buys them a £1,500 Ford Ka that only has a drivers airbag. My wife works with a girl who lost her son when the metro they were in crashed(the driver lost control in the wet and hit a tree). The metro didn't have seat belts in the back so the lad got thrown out the back window and died. :down:

Good luck finding a suitable car.

Tubs

There's plenty of cars over 15 years old that would qualify that arent too shabby for a 17 year old.

Fiat 126, Daewoo Matiz, Fiat Cinqicento...

If you go real classic and get something like Moggy Minor, older Mini etc then they will be tax free as well

Just bagged an 1986 mini with 20,700 miles - one owner

6 miles from home for £1,300.00

resonable nic as well :)  :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.