Dealing with Ar*ehole Neighbours

B16CVH

1)Find a nice scrap car and park it outside his house.

I have considered this to be fair! :)

Why lower yourself to his level?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• B16CVH

• Blatman

• echoz

• windy

Top Posters In This Topic

superglue the lock on the motorbike

won't help the situation but will make you feel good seeing him struggle with it  :)

report him to the beneifts line its anonymous anyway.

my parents had a similar problem on their street, a guy used to subcontract moveing s**t about on farms so had 2 tractors and trailers parked up on the street. they eventually got moved but it did take a whole bunch of moaning and in the end it was a combination of things.

he blocked the bin lorrys often so rubish often went uncollected, noise from stsrting up early, damage to the kerbs/pavement s he parked on and the straw that broke the camels back was when his tractor for some reason p****d oil all over the road/pavement and then broke when he started it.

i'd take heed of what people said tho about blowback, the guy on my mums street was know for being a s**t so no one would complain. also Id deffo go the rat route also as enviro health can move stuiff on if its a hazard just by confiscating it.

good luck stuff like this can make your life really s**t :(

Ive skipped to the end of this thread so forgive me if this isnt relevant ,if he is a council tennant get a copy of the tennancy agreement and read thro it ticking all the things your waster is infringing on then call the local housing officer and ask them to have a look at your complaint ,you will be surprised how stringent the councils rules are.

i would read your gf's house deeds aswell. Some deeds have limitations as to what you can or cant do. Then go see the council with foto evidence. They have to follow up all complaints with investigations, its part of the charters they use but not all councils are the same. Iv had some issues with neighbours too. You need summink in writing he is falling foul of. If you shop him to dhss do you really think that will tidy the drive? I dont. Its a seperate issue to him and the council. Check with your council maybe online to view what they aim to do etc. Then after that collect evidence of anti social behaviour. Our council issue a small journal type thing you fill in like a diary you keep for evidence. Be careful with cameras onto other peoples property tho. It maybe seen as being pervy if they have kids etc

I agree on the DHSS point ,that is an altogether seperate issue , I have a bunch of tip rats living next door to me in an adjoining semi which is a council property ,I did think about all the other ways of affecting their lives as i was at the end of my tether with noise that had been going on for 8 months. retaliation is not the way !!  my friends next door are now on a second warning issued by the housing officer and all is peacefull again now!! (for the moment anway)

It's a crap situation, however be very careful;

It may esculate very quickly (I have seen this happen between 2 "normal" neighbours and it is not nice)

This is very similar to a situation a few months back in my Mum's street (.. and no, I don't live with her  :suspect: ). Environmental Health doesn't have to involve vermin, just simply 'unsightly' objects that 'may' be contaminating the environment - anything from leaking fluids to causing angst or stress to neighbours  ;)  Stating you've seen rats can open up a whole lot of trouble for you as you'll be quizzed by the Council on the allegation.

I like the idea of a friendly saying "hello to my lil friend!" but IMO, no contact and get Council onto it.

Finally . . if the vehicles are close to the properties, you could always raise your concerns about the potential fire risk and therefore risk to life . . .  ;)

If you shop him to dhss do you really think that will tidy the drive? I dont

Lateral thinking required. Where is he getting the money for these vehicles? He may be earning by selling and buying on Ebay. If that income is being used to support something, the DWP will probably be interested, especially if he appears to be a "trader". Trader may be a (very) loose description, but the more stuff you can fling, the more has a chance of sticking ;) If he's avoiding tax on income, Revenue and Customs have all sorts of powers available to them...

If a vehicle parks on a pavement then Police should issue a parking ticket for obstruction.  However, given the amount of narrow parking roads in estates they will only book people for parking on pavements if you cannot get a wheelchair or pram between the car and the neighbours outside wall/fence/hedge.  Then they will give a ticket without any problem, had an issue where my brother parked outside my house and my 'friendly' neighbour reported him to the plod.

Remember as this is a public forum, any damage that occurs to his property may result in someone pointing the finger at you and that could cause you problems in the future.  

My father had a lot of problems with a neighbour running a taxi business from a private house, the solicitor said the best thing to do is move, its the least stressful option, but why should we all move just because of some stupid idiot.  

Given the frequency of rats I don't see a problem with reporting seeing 'something looked like a rat' running under a car to Environmental Health.  Its just an assumption, if there's no proof, then the answer 'must have been a shadow or something then' springs to mind.  The more people you can get to raise the issue then the more chance you have of success, usually once you have 3 houses in agreements you have a fairly strong case.

Local Authority Planning Departments have powers under Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act to require the cleaning up of an untidy site.

Have a read of this and see if it could be applied in your case.

If you can present valid facts and good reasoning then the Council Planning and Enviromental Health Departments will listen to you and advise accordingly. However in the current climate where council funding is being slashed and cost savings having to be made on non statutory services don't be supprised if you get ignored or brushed off when you start making false claims about rats, fire risks etc.  We've heard all those stories before, get bored quickly and stop being helpful.

If I may make a suggestion

Far to nice a gun for a scum bag, although depending on how much he is fiddling he may have a matched pair. I would just go for the balaclava and pick helve. :devil:  

lewis