Thames Valley Meet at FDMC Auto Solo

Tim Reid

Hi All,

The Thames Valley Monthly Meet on Sunday 12th September will be held at Farnborough District Motor Club's September Solo. Steve T. Simon B. Phil Tester, me and maybe Steve B have all entered so will be there for the full day. For some of us it will be the first time in a competion but we are all going to treat it as a bit of fun (as long as I win) so why not come down and see what it's all about.

If interested in entering you don't have much time so have a read of the following which explains what an Auto Solo is, you can then enter through contacting FMDC directly:

http://www.farnboroughdmc.org.uk/autosolos.php

Montgomery Lines Parade Ground, Alison's Road, Aldershot

Hopefully see you there  :t-up:

Tim and Steve

Thames Valley AO's

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simon besant

• Tim Reid

• Uncle Fester

• Bean

Sweet, that's 5 minutes from where I live! :cool:

Good enough reason for me start the Westie the first time since June, especially since I have a track day next Friday :blush:

Its at least a tank of juice from my house! ???  V8 power is great but you start looking at everything in garage stops :p

Moving house on the wednesday after so may not be able to stay long as things need packing but should be able to come and spectate for a bit.

Luke

An update for any prospective entrants. C :) losing date for entries and membership for this event is Monday 6th sept.

Great event well worth taking part! heres some footage of one of the Caterham which needs some Westfield whoopage

According to his speedo he's only doing 1mph through the whole course so I guess the video is speeded up. Should be easy to beat as long as I can find my way around the course!

Kermit, sign on is around 8am I think it starts around 9am but goes on through the whole day. I expect most of the Thames Valley spectators will arrive around 12-1pm as this is our normal meeting time.

Tim Steve and i won't be laughing at you when you are spinning and getting lost honest  :D

NO HONEST  ???

because we may be doing exactly the same  :laugh:

Does anyone know if our cars need to meet the MSA regs for this event???

If yes, all I need is a battery clamp... will strong zip ties be accepted or does it have to be metal?

As long as its road legal you will be fine. don't forget the mot certificate, proof of road insurance and a keen sense of direction cos you will need it :D  :D  :D

As long as its road legal you will be fine. don't forget the mot certificate, proof of road insurance and a keen sense of direction cos you will need it :D  :D  :D

Convoy? Not just to the venue???