rear stone guards

pants

Will borrow my brothers digital camera today/tomorrow and get some e-piccys of the car done.

(someone is hopefully coming to see it tomorrow.......could be tricky test driving in the snow though....)

Motrax Carbon was Dead easy to cut etc with strong/sharp scissors.  If trying to cover an edge, I found the best way was to cut the sheet oversize then stick the Sheet on & use the body line of the car as a guide and CAREFULLY cut (from the back) with a stanley knife.  I did this to create stone guards for the front of the tub.  IMO if you've got a lot of chrome then the Ali-Weave Sheet must be worth a look too. (same price)

oh and as its a relatively thick (as far as a flexible sheeting can be thick) I would imagine it could hide the odd stone chip, but try for yourself is best.

TA

Warren

Another alternative is to use 1mm rubber sheet.  This

is great for compound curves because it will stretch.

I have shaped guards which come over the arch joint

and down the side of the car (like a Porsche Turbo).

Looks great.  Only problem is I can't find any double sided

tape which doesn't start to peel off the bodywork within

a few months.  I've tried all sorts of carpet tapes and

stuff.  Any ideas?

Duncan

I have used the Motrax stuff as well - easy to cut but you have to be carefull to avoid air bubbles - it has been on 18 months now and is still looking good  :t-up:  :t-up:

Thanks Phil.

I've had a look at the sheeting and it certainly looks good. I was just hoping to get an idea of what it actually looks like when on the car.......... ???  ???

Hi Warren

Any luck with piccies......?????

???  :t-up:  ???

Apologies,

I couldn't be  :arse: to do the 1hr10 round trip to my brothers, plus then spend an hour there etc. so I took the piccys on normal camera and am getting them developed onto CD+photos.

By Saturday you'll have mail (I hope!;)

TA

Warren

Ok, I give in, just think that dome headed allen bolts look cool in preference to rivets - like the way mine looks.......

Why don't you cut the heads off the allen bolts and stick them to the carbon sheet!!!! :arse:  :arse:

TARTS the lots of you :p  :p  :p  I think the wings look much cooler with big chunks taken out of them cos it proves you can drive very fast. Some dried road kill looks pretty cool plastered over the wings too. Smiffy prefers splatted sheep droppings on his!!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Windy

Hi Warren

Any luck with piccies......?????

???  :t-up:  ???

Apologies,

I couldn't be  :arse: to do the 1hr10 round trip to my brothers, plus then spend an hour there etc. so I took the piccys on normal camera and am getting them developed onto CD+photos.

By Saturday you'll have mail (I hope!;)

TA

Warren

Thanks Warren

Sorry to be a pain!!

:blush:  :blush:

Could you send me the pictures too please. I need to cover mine in something a bit nicer than strips of black tank tape and thought I would try this stuff. Did it go round the double curve of the rear wing or did you have to cut it and join it, or did you just stick onto the flat surface of the wing?

Cheers.

Keith.

keith@scarferacing.co.uk

Pictures sent,

Sorry for the delays.  Well not really, travelling/Working and staying warm (and working hard !;) ) in South Africa seemed strangely more important.

Anyone want a piccy taken whilst I woz hard at work on Table Mountain?!  :devil:

Pictures sent,

Sorry for the delays.  Well not really, travelling/Working and staying warm (and working hard !;) ) in South Africa seemed strangely more important.

Anyone want a piccy taken whilst I woz hard at work on Table Mountain?!  :devil:

Yeah! Go on then!!

Mmmm fantastic food, fantastic wine, fantastic weather.......so cheap you have to try really hard to spend your money.

Great place!

Didn't make it to the Cape - was in and around Durban.

BTW thanks for the arch photos!!