rear light clusters

pants

Nice - better looking than the Landrover square jobs  :D  :)  ;)  :)  and presumably SVA compliant without having to add in a bracket to make the lens vertical  :D  :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• SEiGHT

• JonnyBoy

• Mark Stanton

Mark

You got it in one  :)

My car passed SVA no problems with lights.

Nick

No, we have never had the fixed arch body work to fit them to.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Quite like the new fog and reverse lamp pods... but why couldn't you have made them sooner to save me all this hard work modifying a Perei mount?!?

:D

Moom.

Do these new fog lights need any sort of drilling or bodywork  at all to fit?

Could I fit one to my blade car bearing in mind that the only thing I've ever changed was the position of my seat - this took me 3 hours!

If they bolt in and plug into the loom then I reckon I might manage it. :durr:

Cheers,

Richard.

Richard

One large hole for light to go through together with 2 4.5mm holes for bolting to bodywork. Template supplied, also the waterproof wiring connector is supplied as well.

Easy really, but I would say that  :devil:

Nick

Only kidding, it is pretty easy. :)

nice bits Nick....

when do we begin to see a range of laser/water jet cut exhaust exit finishers, ht lead covers, boot box covers and anything else you can create for this captive market.

You have the know how, we want the product!

I was thinking about playing around with a few ideas when i finish my degree whilst i am in canada.....time for a reassessment of direction for me then:)

Question for NickA.

I too have got these rear clusters. Tried fitting friday night and had a nightmare. Only managed one after several hours.

They seem way off in their moulding, had to modify for ages to get a flush fit. Some instructions would have been usefull. I also seem to think they are not long enough. I have a 1cm ridge on the outside.

The beeding you refer too, what did you use and where did you get it?

Thanks

Steve

Without wishing to step on anyones toes or offend  :)  But Nicks company only makes the rear light clusters under licence from Westfield  ;)  using body panels etc as supplied by Westfield  ;)

Westfield undertake all retail responsibilities of rear light clusters and have been fitting them to their own factory built vehicles  ;)  and should be able to supply fitting instructions alongside their build manuals

For rear light housing fitment quandries may be an idea to ask the folks at Westfield.  ;) first.

I'm sure Nick is only too pleased to offer advice from time to time as he has done  :D  :)  ;)  already.

Mark,

Thanks for the reply to Steve, we have been supplying these to Westfeild for approx 2 years and never heard of any problems. It interesting that in 2 days I have heard of 2 problems. However as you say, Westfield approved our fit and make the larger share of the profit from them (but take the hassle). I can only change the trim if asked by them.

As to Jim's question, the round housing has a diamter of 120mm, would this cover the recess? I don't have anybody nearbye with a car to check. I will be interested in the answer.  :D

Nick

Nick,

I'm sorry if it seemed I was having a go in my previous post, I wasn't.

I was just trying to find out what and where you got the beeding you used. Trying to save time on the other one I've still to do and make them look as good as possible.

I love the look of lights, If it took me 2 weeks to do the lights, I would still buy them.

Steve

Steve,

Don't worry, you have to have a thick skin to post here. But thanks for your post, appreciated :)

I have not used beading myself but you can get from the following link Edge Beading

At the bottom of the page Beading Black PVC, should do the job. The best way to trim the plastic is score with a stanley knife and bend to snap of with pliers, good for taking large amounts of. For small adjustments use either a powerfile or a sandpaper block and sand back.

Hope that all helps  :D

Nick

Here's some pictures of my clusters as fitted with the beading (bought the bead at Stoneleigh so can't quite remember what size it was, it just looked "about right" as I was wandering the stalls :D )

driver_light.jpg

passenger_light.jpg

IMHO the beading is essential if you want to get anything like a decent finish. I wouldn't advise trimming until you have tried fitting with the beading as you may not need to trim as the beading gives you much more flexibility in fit.

Also, don't expect the two side to match up height-wise when viewing from the rear. Not the lights fault though, it's the bodywork that's not true.

BTW, here's a picture of the hole left when removing the square foglight...

fog_cutout.jpg

Any ideas how to fill that in before fitting a round version ?