rear light clusters

pants

Hi

Just tried fitting rear light clusters The new quad type thingys.

The drivers side fitted no probs but passenger side was way out. Has anyone else encountered this? how to trim to fit bdy?

Tried trimming it to fit. Now its too bl**dy short does anyone know how much just the plastic bit would cost?

Cheers

Mark

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• SEiGHT

• JonnyBoy

• Mark Stanton

IIRC, one of the guys on the boardroom's company are those responsible for making them. maybe he could help...

[black limo's and helicopters circling]

Have a look here. Bear in mind that they may not fit on a fixed arch car, so if your car has fixed arches, you'll be venturing into unknown territory........... ???

The orignal add on rear light clusters with those round lights were originally seen on German cars and developed + moulded by Zauber  ;)  :)  :D  :D

There's a link form the home page - might be worth having a look  ;)  :)

I'm sure that a company in the UK is now moulding the carbon effect light pods. Weren't the Zauber units just painted vacuum moulded items?

Possible therefore being made under licence here.

Zauber havent been very keen to give any details of their products out to me as yet so i guess you have to go through westfield for the bits.

ah hah, found it.

ESP plastivs produce the light pods for westfieldwestrearlightbig.jpg

ESP's website

I noticed a paintball helmet on the site too, so could it be Catflap or a contact of his??

We make the rear lights and also stone guards, but exclusively for Westfield so have been looking at the post but not commenting so far. The trim was set up and approved by Westfield about 2 years ago when we first started making then. Since then I have only had 1 person comment the the trim is short. Is it a fixed wing car? as they were not specifically designed for these. Zauber never made the units, it's has been us all along, so they won't know what you were asking for.

We have now made a matching fog light & reversing light housing which will be on our site for sale next week.

Can also make most things out of plastic provided I can get orders for about 50 off.

The paintball helmet is another new product we are launching.

If Pants wants to e-mail me then will try and help.

Nick

Blatman,

No, we buy them in from Perei and just make the housings.

Nick

hello

I was trying to fit them on a new detachable arched westi

As i said before the drivers side is virtually matches the car with only slight triming as ud expect. The passenger side was quite a bit out tho. looking at it again the corner radius on the inside top edge seems to be a lot bigger than on drivers side. If that makes sense??

The reason its to shrt is because ive trimmed so much off.  You couldnt tell me the approx price of a new one could you?

Cheers

Mark

Mark

You have an e-mail

Nick

The two sides of the Westfield do not match even slightly ! The moulding on the drivers side is tilted upwards slightly, perhaps to compensate for drivers weight (??) or possible just a botched moulding process.

If you want to check, balance a 6ft piece of 2x4 across your fog/reverse lights (remove spare wheel first) and see how level your current square lights are. You dont really notice it with the old lights, but it's more noticeable with the round ones.

The best tip I can give for fitting is to use some plastic beading to go around the edges, this allows you to be much more forgiving and you hardly have to trim (if at all)

We have now made a matching fog light & reversing light housing which will be on our site for sale next week.

Will these be petrol resistant, or will they be as prone to falling apart as the current factory ones ?

I've gone through my *fourth* fog light now in 2 years as petrol spillage from filler cap just eats straight through it !

It's probably not such a big issue with the standard tanks, but the "long range" tank is awful for "blow back" of petrol when filling up.

Thinking about it, they can't be any worse than the factory, so where do I sign ! I'll take one of each please !

SEight

Well spotted, the original fibreglass mouldings are different height between one side and the other. Nothing we could do about this with the housings.

As to the Fog lights, bed them into the housing using Hot Melt glue and they are fine, been on my Busa for 18months, and spilt my fair share of petrol over them.

Nick

As to the Fog lights, bed them into the housing using Hot Melt glue and they are fine, been on my Busa for 18months, and spilt my fair share of petrol over them.

Ah, it's the housings that are the things that crack ! The actual red light bit is fine.

I had a perfectly fine fog light fitted last time I went to Donington, and filled up from a Jerry can and slopped a load of petrol out as I was doing it. The plastic had shattered within 30 seconds. Petrol is dangerous stuff !

SEiGHT

WHilst on the original lights the Housings suffer from petrol. On the lights we make it is the Lens that can break if under stess when the petrol goes on them, (ie screws too tight) to solve this the Hot melt fixes it to the housing which then holds the whole thing together.

Are now on the following webpage:

Rear Fog & Reversing Lights

Hope this helps explain.

Nick