Seat mountings?

MarkJ

Er, the harness keeps you attached to the seat. The seat needs to be firmly attached to the floor/mountings. A broken seat mount would not be a good thing to have in an accident, IMO.

IIRC, Dale Earnhardts fatal crash was initially thought to be caused (or was actually caused, I can't remember :0 ) by a broken seat mount.........

The c******m boys use two ally channels mounted lengthways on the underside of the floor (rivetted on), to support the seat/driver. I'm guessing they're long enough to be able to pick up on the chasis rails across the floor in front of the seat, and at the bottom of the rear bulkhead.

You can see `modern` seat supports here on my web site

Why not rivet the same bars approx 50mm wide x 3mm thick under your floor (in between two existing rivets or drill out and replace if they co-incide with rivets)

Dont forget to rivet the centre with one 5mm rivet and rivet washer so as to properly `laminate` them both

;)  Hilux

Er, the harness keeps you attached to the seat.

Hmmmm, not too sure about that, i would suggest the harness provides forwards, upwards and sideways restraint, in that order, and largely irrespective of the seat. The real area in doubt here is that of down ward restraint, ie you really don't want your A*** dragging down the road. So then if you're that concerned fit and remove the seats then weld in 2 x 40x6 crossmembers on the inside to pick up the seat mount centres. Might just be the best and safest alround? :)

Brian.

err sorry but if some ally spacer plates prevents mr stantons "ample frame" from touching tarmac  :blush:  as per the flintstones! then the rest of us should be quite safe!!!!! ;)  ;)  ;)

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:  :devil:  ;)

I'll get the Lardy Libre Class drivers on ya  :devil:  :D  ;)  :)

Thanks all, have popped into an engineering firm this morning and they'll fabricate some steel flats with 90 degree angles at each end for me. I can then bolt them at each end into the side chassis rail and the tunnel rail and also through the middle to be safe. The seats can then be bolted straight onto these and through the floor. Will add some weight but I think it's worth it.

MJ.