Cannock Area - August Meeting

Mrs H cant make this one, so there is a spare seat available in the lead car, if anyone is interested. Sowts has first refusal (did you get my pm?) and it is open to anyone else interested if he doesn't want it. Only thing, the passenger seat is quite high because of Mrs H being a tad vertically challenged, so you really do need to wear a crash helmet, just to protect your face/eyes from Derbyshire grit etc.

If we have people coming from as far away as Leicestershire (!) we may have to split into 2 convoys, seperated by 5 or 10 mins. Depaends on numbers. I've produced 11 copies of my route card (goggle maps style) so there will be plenty of cars with means of navigating. I would suggest those with passengers should have first option of having a route card on board.

I'm expecting good weather. :)  :)  :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stephenh

• carpetstu

• Pew

• PhilR

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the route cards include alternative options when we lose you at the islands?  :laugh:  :p  :D

I would answer that one, except how would you know, we lost you before we got to the island! :D  :D  :D

Phil, you have pm. ;)  ;)  ;)

I think your best place to meet us is Dovefields Retail Park, off Town Meadows Way in Uttoxeter. At least there you can park in safety, get petrol, get a soft drink, have a pee, or whatever!

Stephen only just got your pm

Got stuff sorted for the afternoon but thanks for the invite (am missing the westy but hey ho)

Will be at the car park at uttoxeter take some picts,catch up etc

Afraid I'm gonna be a no show.

Westy has been SORNed early this year in the hope that this will avoid the need to sell one of my cars.

Am I not impressed.

Have fun and hopefully see you all for a run next year

Weather report is good.

Please be at Gailey in time for a 10.30 departure, or soon after.

Or at Dovefields Retail Park Uttoxeter before 11.15.

Baring breakdowns we'll be at Bakewell Agricultural Centre by about 12.30. You MAY have to buy a ticket to park at the Agri. Centre, so bring a £1 coin or two for the meter. We got away with it last year because everyone was packing up after the Bakewell Show. They might be doing the same this year ;)  ;) but I cant guarantee it!

As far As I know I'm the only Derby/Notts type person going -will be at Focus for 11:15am Sunday.  :) (unless obviously wet!)

As far As I know I'm the only Derby/Notts type person going -will be at Focus for 11:15am Sunday.  :) (unless obviously wet!)

I think Max (Reprobate) is coming too.

Stu you meeting us at Dobbies so you can take us through the resi to Uttoxeter... which is a far better that through Stafford....!

Stu you meeting us at Dobbies so you can take us through the resi to Uttoxeter... which is a far better that through Stafford....!

We can go over the 'Chase and the Reservoir if you want, or my preferred route would take us round Stafford, just skirting it at Baswich (past the Chief Constable's offices!!). Gooders knows the Chase way as well. Actually, if push comes to shove, so do I. :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:

I am coming over to Gailey, seeing as its my run. Hopefully, that will mean you dont all get lost by going thro' the centre of Uttoxeter!

Baring breakdowns we'll be at Bakewell Agricultural Centre by about 12.30. You MAY have to buy a ticket to park at the Agri. Centre, so bring a £1 coin or two for the meter. We got away with it last year because everyone was packing up after the Bakewell Show. They might be doing the same this year ;)  ;) but I cant guarantee it!

Stephen, Bakewell show finished on Thursday so we could get lucky.

Phil