What should I pay for..

sempers

Leave it in Finland - it would cost a wad of cash to swap it to RHD and get it through SVA - for what you'd spend - it would be easier to save some more cash and wait for a fully registered road legal RHD UK based car - they are out there

Steve D is selling a X-flow for less than 5K which would probably be a better deal than a Finnish LHD unregistered car.  ;)  :)  :(  :)  :D  :p  ;)  :)

I piked up my 92 SE for well under 4k in the end, found that on findit, unless the Fiat powerd car was very very cheap  (2-2.5k) I would not bother. Find a better car and enjoy it.

It's actually in finland - apparently you can't road register kit built cars there, hence the lack of sva etc, so track use only.

How much will it cost you to get the car into Blighty(presuming this is where you are based)?

Other than that, I can't see what's so oddball? Surely having something other than an X-flow is a GOOD thing - a little more oomph and all that? particularly as cars for sale seems to contain similar age cars at 5k+

The majority of the car I should imagine would be the same/similar. But oddballs present their own problems, for intsance, if you needed to get a new exhaust manifold for whatever reason, AFAIK it would be a custom made jobbie, whereas a system for an Xflow/Pinto is available off the shelf, second hand etc.I should imagine that other engine bits are becoming more difficult to come by now too. Granted, the Xflow is getting rarer, but it is still catered for well in the market place.

As for converting to RHD, it wouldnt be too difficult AFAIK, but realistically, I also dont think it is worth the hassle for you. I paid just over 2000 for a tatty SE (see avatar) with an Xflow in, and apart from replacing the shockers went through the MOT, and I have thrashed the living daylights out of it for the last twelve months. Bargains are out there, just decide how much work you are prepared to do yourself and work your budget out from there. IMO much better to start with something that is right hand drive and registered first though..... :)  :p  :cool:

Whats the phrase? yeah "Ditch the b***h". Seriousley you would have to have a very good reason to buy a car like this, and at anything less than £2k over here, the price wouldnt be it :( Brian.

If i were you,

forget the LHD way too much hassle and if you incl. all the extras new dash pedal box sva retest anything the sva brings up how much will you really save.

Sort out your cash in pound notes, follow the Autotrader, loot & findit religiously, when a bargain comes up, be prepared to travel that day and wave cash under someones nose.

Winter before last ,if you were very very lucky, you might have bought a vx converted westy sei for a smidgen over 5k

;)  :D  :D

Also worth checking the kit mags, my advise is have cash and be ready, winter is coming there are bargains to be had but its first come first served

:0  ;)  :D  :D  :D  :xmas:

oh and always barter before travelling, if you`ve travelled 250 miles the seller knows you won`t go away empty handed for a couple of hundred quid  :(:0  :D

On a more +ve note.

Sure I read on Blatchat that somone managed to get an unregistered '91 built Caterhum through the DVLA on the basis of being able to prove completion in '91 and its non-road use since.

I guess a search in Blatchat is in order if you want to persue further? ;)

The SVA manual is clear on this point; if the vehicle is more than 10 years old, is doesn't have to have a SVA test. All you would need is confirmation from Westfield of the age of the car (I'm not sure if an old lhd Finnish racer is the best way forward for you though Mark).

Now has any one got a crumpled old Westfield chassis I can buy.....?

Charles