What should I pay for..

sempers

91 SE, with a fiat twincam, recently rebuilt, 165bhp, fuel cell, rollbar, unregistered / SVA'ed, lefthand drive.

What should I look to pay for such a beast?

How much of a mare is it to change the drive? (relocate the pedal box, new rack & move steering column right?)

How much of a mare is SVA?

Anything particular I need to know / look for?

Thanks,

Mark.

How much have you got to spend..........

I personally wouldn't touch this with a bargepole..........

Ditto Blatman

However if you can get it for less than £3k it might be worth talking to Paul at Plays-kool about conversion & registration/SVA.

The Fiat Twin-cam is a good engine, i us't to have a Fiat spyder (1970) 1600BS. The best thing about this car was the engine & a decent 5 speed box, RWD. the bodywork was everso slightly prone to tin worm though. :arse:

Andy

Um, ok, not an overwhelmingly positive response  :)

Reasons why? FWIW I have (tops) 5k, nearer 4 would be better. Have been offered the above at not a lot more than the 3k mentioned.

- Mark.

[edit to add I'm open to other suggestions, of (dare I say it in here?) other seven alikes too]

Unless they're going to give it to you........

If you do take up the challenge, cos it will be, then be prepared to keep it a long time cos I reckon you'll have a hard job reselling as its such an oddball.

[edit to add I'm open to other suggestions, of (dare I say it in here?) other seven alikes too]

Don't do it or you will be cursed for life :0  Robin Hood :arse:  :blush:  :blush:  :arse:  :blush:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

how  much does he want for the westy & why has it never registered it? Has it major problems?

furtive - Thanks, that's heartening.

I'm obviously missing something; I can't see from an engineering point of view why the LHD/RHD swap would be hard? I'd be very surprised if the spaceframe is built any different!

Other than that, I can't see what's so oddball? Surely having something other than an X-flow is a GOOD thing - a little more oomph and all that? particularly as cars for sale seems to contain similar age cars at 5k+

Oops, lagging a bit :)

No, I won't buy a robin hood! I was thinking more stryker, or maybe tiger / MK

It's actually in finland - apparently you can't road register kit built cars there, hence the lack of sva etc, so track use only.

- M.

For your £5k you can easily get one that is 'normal' - I did and haven't looked back.

As it was my first one, it had to be common in so much that if there are loads of them about it's easier to get help if you're stuck. As for the LHD I don't know, but if I was you I'd go for a standard (normal) one to start then add/change as you go along.

Mind you, I struggle to put petrol in it, let alone fix it....

I concur totally with findit.com, I got mine as a result of a wanted ad.