Build manual/Wiring diagrams

mrstomp

Hi all I'm hoping someone could help me. I've owned my narrow body se for about ten years but due to moving house/county etc. I've had to put it in storage for about eight of them. Two weeks ago i finally found some where to store it with room for me to work on it. So it's going to be a bit of a restoration project. I brought it second hand and it didn't come with a build manual nor any kind of wiring diagrams. Does anybody know where i could get any of these as the wiring needs completely ripping out and redoing and the rest also needs stripping down and polishing/painting but i have no torque settings etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I've got good news, and I've got bad news.

In this case, they're one in the same thing.

Download PDF copy of my original Westfield SE Narrow Build Manual here.  I'm afraid it is as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Can't help on the wiring diagram, sorry.  Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hello and welcome.  Good to hear of another Westy coming out of retirement.  

I could send you a wiring diagram of a 2007 SEiW if you want to DIY.  I think it might be a good idea to get a new loom from the factory, provided your car is fairly standard.  The dash and engine bits may need to be modified.

Rory's Dad

I think I might have just what you need - its a build manual for a '93 se build manual in .pdf format. It has all the wiring diagrams included.

Pm me if you think it will be any use to you.

Hi I have the build manual which includes the wiring dia

it's for an 1995 SE if any help I could Email it to you let me know

Take a look at Westfield World a fantastic resource for all aspects of ownership - building. There are some wiring diagrams available on there.

:cool:

If you go for a new loom then it's always worth considering the premier wiring loom if they still make it. I found it easy to work with and it has the advantage of being customisable so you can put it wherever you like

Thank you everyone. I've never used this forum before and the response i've got is very helpful and quite surprising as i'm a newbie and not known to anyone. Those of you that have said you could email anything to me or to pm you, i'm trying to work out how to do that. Once again thank you and i'll keep you posted on whats going on. If anyone knows if i can post some pictures on here and how to do it then i can show you my progress and maybe help someone else in a simular situation.

this is a good place to host pics gently hosting

or if you cant wait until your a member  :p  ;) theres photobucket

Good luck with the rewire , those leccy gremlins are the worst  :D

Thanks to JumpJet, I've got the full manual and here it is to download, wiring diagrams on pages 88-90.

Hope that helps - good luck!

• 4 months later...

Hi

Is there any chance you could repost the link for the SE Narrow manual please, the links on the thread no longer work. I've just bought my first Westie and a manual would help loads in learning my way around it.

many thanks

Duncan

Hi Jumpjet

i've only just joined the forum and am waiting until the new year to join WSCC ( it doesn't seem worth joining for less than 2 months and then having to do it again on 1st jan) So i can't pm yet, but my email address is duncan.horlor@gmail.com

many thanks

Dunc