Mirrors ?

Doug D.

What about making up a mirror to fit into the door mount hinges?  Some bod advertises these in Lowflying, but my memory is that you need enough cash to own a Caterrum to afford these mirrors...

I'm Sure its' possible to DIY this setup

TA ;)  :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug D.

• samcooke

• Mark Stanton

• Matt Seabrook

Sorry it's a bit late but i've just joined.

I bought the Racetech F1 mirrors with convex lenses.

I only wanted/needed them to see if anything was coming up behind before I pull out as my seat is such a shape it makes it hard to turn round, and it's dangerous!!!

The mirrors are small but if it's an MOT pass then I'm happy, I can see out of them though.....with a telescope :D

What about making up a mirror to fit into the door mount hinges?

You might just have a vibration issue  ;)  :)  to resolve  ;)

Yep, yer right there, Mark.  Been there, done that, watched it vibrate right off the door like a paint can in a paint mixer.  Racetech F1s mounted on windscreen pillars, no problemos.

Been there, done that, watched it vibrate right off the door like a paint can in a paint mixer.  

Er ,  Also to mis-quote a certain Mr Stanton from a thread not so long ago

"It's whats left unsaid that can often count"

I'm sure that vibrating door mirrors would be "just fine & dandy" during the course of the MOT.......

True, but if you're going to go through the expense and pain of doing it, it might be nice if it was useful afterwards rather than a complete waste of money - I already have a wife who can do that without my help.  :D

"It's whats left unsaid that can often count"

:devil:  :D  O.K - don't do it cos they'll shake and vibrate like a shaky vibratory thing and you won't see owt.

or I wasn't there it woz nuffink to do with me  :devil:  :D

and You ain't seem me, right  :p  :D

I see where you've put yours Captain Colostomy but can you see anyfink or have you a fine view of your wheel arches?

:cool:         :D

My Uncle George W. Bush may be the dumbest thing to come down the pipe since the Gatso camera, but I ain't no idiot.  Of course I can see behind me.  Plus they're the convex ones.  I can see for flipping miles, me.  But thanks for the concern, Doug.

Reminds me of a Far Side cartoon: a man approaches a house, and there's a weirdo hiding behind a tree in the front yard, and there's a sign at the front gate that says "Beware Of Doug".  Was that you?  :D  :devil:

Wow.

Only 8 posts and he's p******** some-one off. I think we have a new King........... :0  :p  :D

Matt, make him put that can down, and share one of your dinners with him, to soak up some of that scrumpy.......

Mmmmm.......... scrumpy.............