Mirrors ?

Doug D.

The nice mot man said i had to have side mirrors on my early narrow body se (the 5 previous mot testers didnt mention it) .   All the ones i've looked at would look a bit crap when matched against the alloy pillars.   Anybody any ideas on ones that would look the db's

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doug D.

• samcooke

• Mark Stanton

• Matt Seabrook

Give the nice MOT man a miss and find a nicer one.

I don't think this is part of the MOT.

Nick

From here:

Obligatory mirrors are

a. an exterior mirror fitted to the offside (right-hand side when seated in the driver's seat), or

b. an exterior mirror fitted to the nearside (left-hand side when seated in the driver's seat), or

c. an interior mirror

Passenger vehicles with no more than 7 passenger seats first used before 1 August 1978 must have any one of the above options

--

Which is a bit inconclusive cos the first bit reads like you only need one then the next seems to suggest you'll need more than one.

My car's got one and has passed every test since 1989 with one.

???  ???  ???

I don't think this is part of the MOT.

It is an MOT failure if you do not have two rear view mirrors  ;)

This is usually taken as at least one "wing" mirror and one Screen/dash mounted  :D  :)  ;)

If you have an early screen pillar without the mounting face take a look at the smaller sports / race type "wing" mirrors available in black, carbon and white  ;)  :)

Except for me  :devil:  :D  ;)  :)  cos I was posting at same time  ;)  :D

Now you have made my post seem nonsense  :arse:  we know & theres no getting away with it!!!!

:sheep:  Like I said earlier only 1 mirror needed, mind I don't know why, normally I only use it to see what I have just passed.

Nick  :cool:

I also was under the impression I only needed the one but a certain Mr Seabrook thinks I should definitely have more after nearly wiping him out on a dual carriageway    :0