Gorden brown digs labours grave

Cant stick the chap and will not be voting Labour but how may of us have passed comment about a customer when we thought no one else was in ear shot.  To be honest from the news clip I saw she was a bigot complaining about European immigrants. When there are so many British works earning big money over seas how can we complain about the eastern Europeans working for minimum wage in the UK. Lest face it if UKIP or the BNP get in and kick them out, and Europe kick the Brits out back to the UK who in this country is going to for minimum wage in a crap job?  She was a bigot and he should have told her to her face. Still it just as well I dont stand as an MP as there would be a few more people with noses out of joint.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lippydave

• Blatman

• carpetstu

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

please don't try and tell me none of you have ever slagged someone off when you thought it was a private conversation

No, but neither have I stood for the most senior public office in the country.  

Irrespective of one's political allegiance, can you now trust that whatever he says in public will be honoured in private?

Oh well, that makes it OK then???

Of course you can't trust him to do what he says, but then you can't trust the others either.

BTW, just done my postal vote and did n't vote labour - just in case anyone thinks I'm biased.  ;)  :p  :D  :D  :D

Spence, that's very funny.  :D

There are many in the country who think like that woman and if he belived it he should have stood his ground and explained why she was wrong.

What is really sad about this is that he wants the top job and yet is inept at it, his record shows that. He belives he is correct but sadly he is not.

What is worse though is we have twp more bungling idiots trying to take the top job. I can think of many other party leaders from the past who would have taken brown apart on his record and yet they appear just as incompetant.

BIGOT (big·ot) (bgt) n.

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

So who's the bigot then? ???

What this demonstrates as much as anything else, is the fact that he is totally and utterly out of touch with public opinion (right or wrong), and has no concept of what the proletariat think or want......

How anyone could trust a man who doesn't have a driving licence, and who is teetotal I really don't know.... :D

Scotland as a nation should obviously publicly disown any Jock who is teetotal....

After all they have a national stereotype to keep u :devil:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D p....

Mind lets face it the only way he managed to get in the first time was taking a job he wasn't elected for!!  :angry:

the only problem with your comment and in general with this comment being bandied about is we vote for a party not the person. good old GB could get run over tomorrow and the party will just shove someone else up front and carry on.

Unfortunatly we all forget that and often people go with thte one with the carisma/looks/fortune/social staus etc and dont have a clue what they stand for.

by voting labour your voting for the partys policies not the nupty stood up at the front

its why we need electoral reform and make it such that when a PM stands down it is followed by a general election

00-Winky_the_white_cat_475-711401.jpg

So good, that every skip should have one. <!--emo&:D

Those have been around for ages.  When I was a kid and going through a breaker's yard in the States, I found one on the back shelf of a car, took it home and wired it up to a 24v battery.  It smoked loads and then burst into real purty flames.  A suitable death for any possessed nunney.  Happy days.  :laugh:

But on the subject of immigration, one of my elderly neighbours is a real bigot and racist, and one morning recently when we were both retrieving our bins, she started banging on about how immigrants were ruining the country.

"You mean like me? I'm an immigrant."

"No, not you, you're different."

"How?"

"You just are."

"You mean I'm white and speak English?" (Speak English of a sorts, yes. - Ed.)

Silence and a look to turn mortals to salt.... "I must get back in."  :laugh:

Brown did raise one of my favourite points, which is in some people's minds it's apparently awful if eastern Europeans who can't speak English come into this country and get free health care they didn't pay for, but when Brits move to southern Europe to a country where they don't speak the language and get free health care they didn't pay for, plus index linked pensions that are spent outside the UK and contribute nothing to the UK economy, that's OK?  ???

(Note: I'm apolitical, think they're all posstots.)

cap'n, just to challenge that those of us who move to another state in Europe get free health care.

We don't!

We are given 1 years medical benifit from the UK goverment and then nothing until we reach retiement age. In my case I've paid into the UK tax and NI system for 49 years and was still paying UK tax up to last year. But I got no medical benifit until one of us reached retirement age.

Being 3rd generation immigrant I have no problem with immigrants. However I do object to spending money to accomodate their cultures and religions. No one helped my grandparents. They had to learn the language and learn to assimilate into English society (which they did). That way their children and then grandchildren were fully integrated English.

cap'n, just to challenge that those of us who move to another state in Europe get free health care.

We don't!

We are given 1 years medical benifit from the UK goverment and then nothing until we reach retiement age. In my case I've paid into the UK tax and NI system for 49 years and was still paying UK tax up to last year. But I got no medical benifit until one of us reached retirement age.

Being 3rd generation immigrant I have no problem with immigrants. However I do object to spending money to accomodate their cultures and religions. No one helped my grandparents. They had to learn the language and learn to assimilate into English society (which they did). That way their children and then grandchildren were fully integrated English.

True, but then again most people who move to another European country pre-retirement age actually work and contribute through that country's taxation.  I was referring to those who move at post-retirement age and who usually require higher levels of medical care anyway, costing their new country's medical system dearly.  I should have made that more clear, my fault, sorry.  :down:

To be fair, you rarely hear any retired Spanish people say, "I hate all this sunshine and warmth, let's retire to the UK where it's more expensive."

I am 100% behind you on the policy that if you move to another country, you need to adopt the local language and customs.

Also please note I was not casting aspersions on your good self.  Or any other flower, for that fact.   :laugh:  :t-up:

Cap'n I never read it as a dig at anyone other than your bigot neighbour.

It's like people who say they hate Jews but I'm OK. No, I say, if you hate Jews then you hate me. By the way how many Jews do you know. The answer is usualy "none, and I never realised you were Jewish"

I welcome people from other cultures to our country. But they must contribute to our society. If they want us to change for them then they should stay where they come from.

Mind lets face it the only way he managed to get in the first time was taking a job he wasn't elected for!!  :angry:

the only problem with your comment and in general with this comment being bandied about is we vote for a party not the person. good old GB could get run over tomorrow and the party will just shove someone else up front and carry on.

Unfortunatly we all forget that and often people go with thte one with the carisma/looks/fortune/social staus etc and dont have a clue what they stand for.

by voting labour your voting for the partys policies not the nupty stood up at the front

its why we need electoral reform and make it such that when a PM stands down it is followed by a general election

Its not even so simple as that, you vote for a party who will best represent your local constituency in parliament.

This is whats so daft about the british system! The party/candidate who is best for my constituency is not who I would ever want in Westminster!

I know that we officially vote for the party, but the leader of the party is the catalyst for their success or lack of!

The MD of the country should be chosen by by his employer not his minion staff!

We are the employer thus we should be the ones electing the man who carries the can!  ???