Cambs area Training Day RAF Alconbury

chazpowerslide

some good pics neil.

You can be the offical photo person from now on ;)

will you sort some out for me please mate Ta!.

Bryan feeling a lot better now i've had some nosh and a cuppa, and stopped going round in circles :laugh:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• housebeautician

• MK11

will you sort some out for me please mate Ta!.

Just tell me which number each photo is (out of 110) and I'll email them to you.

Neil

Great day, great pics thanks to Chaz for organising it.

As discussed, it would be interesting to see how much Alconbbury want for hiring the runway without instructors. Bearing in mind we paid £1000 odd and that included 3 lots of wages, I don't reckon it can be more than £500.

Linky works Ok for me.

Chaz.

Thanks Chaz for great day. t

The old crossflow took a lot of stick and my neck feels a bit worse for wear. I think James l loved it ,he would not come off the track. Great pics Niel.  Tony -  hope you're feeling better.

Dick

Great day out. Thanks Chaz for organising it; to Ben, Rob and Nico for their expertise and to Neil for the photos. Totally knackered. Slept like a log last night. had to have a little weep  :down:  when I inspected my tyres this morning  :0  :0  :0. Nos 12 and 94 please Neil.

Chaz, Thanks for a great day. After all the hassles you overcame, it was really appreciated.

Great pics Neil. They put a huge grin on my face, thinking about the giggles we had.

All that rain is a distant blur now, seeing pics with the sun blazing.

Thanks all.

Paul.

Great day out. Thanks Chaz for organising it; to Ben, Rob and Nico for their expertise and to Neil for the photos. Totally knackered. Slept like a log last night. had to have a little weep  :down:  when I inspected my tyres this morning  :0  :0  :0. Nos 12 and 94 please Neil.

Sent to your plus.com address, Liam.

here's a few photo's

the motley crew start to assemble - notice the absence of Mark J at this point in time  :p  we all know he's never late for anything  ;)

SANY4531.jpg

a full line up and just starting to head out to the strip

SANY4533.jpg

following Sam on the way in

SANY4538.jpg

cars a plenty waiting for the off  :devil:  after cleaning the car tonight I have realised that yet more gaffer tape should have been applied -  even my mirrors look like they have been shotblast

Matthews car later suffered from wheel bearing failure  :bangshead: despite his best efforts to sort

SANY4540.jpg

Paul has now officially gently run in his duratec  ;)

SANY4541.jpg

big thanks to Liam who was walking around with a belt in his hand asking if it belonged to anybody - a slight look of worry appeared on a few peoples faces, I was not too worried as I was confident it couldnt possibly be from my motor - could it?  :oops: - Tony was out in my motor managing to   :laugh: spin it a few times (I have proof Tony) - when he got back in the temperature was high and the pink water down the side of the tub gave an instant clue that all was not well - the jockey was somehow wonky as hell and had caused the dislodging of the belt - removed and refitted and all was well for the rest of the day - phew, that could have been expensive

me sat in Bryans car - Mark B's car in the foreground

SANY4548.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen Chaz beem so much as when he came back in -the open face helmet gave it all away  :D

SANY4552.jpg

had great fun being treated to a ride in the TVR - that thing has tremendous grip, I remember slipping all around in the seats as Liam did his best to get the thing sliding - the spin was fun  :devil:  - also enjoyed the ride out in Bryans westy - totally different experiances but both top fun with some good driving thrown in :t-up:

mental note: must get a go in Marks car next time - hint hint  :D  - that thing looked fantastic, very flat and kart like

Tony had a lot of time out on track despite running for the bushes after a ride out as passenger

SANY4556.jpg

SANY4558.jpg

me at not sure what point in the day - but suffice to say if it was the start of the day, there is a spin about to occur or at the end of the day there was a 50/50 chance I was going to power out of it  :laugh:

SANY4559.jpg

as the others have said - great day - good bunch of people

unfortunately I have four totally shagged tyres inc my two newish rears  :oops:

gonna SORN the car tomorrow so that may be it from team Cleggy this year - thanks again Chaz for getting this together, I shall defo be up for this again next year in whatever form it takes - I can honestly say this is the most fun i have ever had in a car (well almost  :oops:  :blush: )

hopefully gonna post up some youtube vids of the day shortly

Tony and mark having fun

Was the world about to end, in pic 2?

a full line up and just starting to head out to the strip

SANY4533.jpg

Pm Sent Neil -  :t-up:

Been a few days now but only just had time to catch up with the weekends events, thanks for an absolutely great day and will be well up for more of the same. Really good to meet the cambridge team and thanks to all for the friendly welcome. Big thanks to Chaz for organising a superb day (its a shame the roads are not like that runway!...oh what fun we could have !!!