Need help on this car

catflap

I take your point catflap, but just think you could take a week of work and get it 90 per cent built in the 9 days you'd have... And with help from a couple of some eager local WSCC members you could finish it in that time...

... but if self-build isn't for you then I agree with the others on the post and the Kermit green one looks great value to me. Okay the colour may not be to everyone's taste, but frankly so what? Sure it'll sell for less at resale time, but if you've bought it cheap anyway, this is hardly an issue.

I'd ditch the banana seats though and upgrade the Decapitation Roll Bar for the RAC version, though... :p

Hey Blatman, I don't remember saying I didn't like the colour?

I did say that it looks better in the flesh, and that it isn't to everyones taste, and that it's a bit of a b***h of a job to change it.

Oops just re-read the thread.  Hmmm, it's not great, but it does look ok in the flesh.  Just not for me that's all - mine is white with gold arches, white leather with gold piping, sequin dash....  Elvis lives!

Moomin.

LOL sorry blatman

Colour is always a fickle issue, it was not so bad in the flesh, but got our heart on something different (colour wise).

One things for sure, your gone get noticed in a car and colour like that :)

We are still looking for a megabusa, recon we will see more come up soon, the less we spend on oit the better as we can have some left over to do the bits we want, like the RAC bar and stuff :)

If the greeny had an sva we would snap it off him this week LOL, but such is the nature of things (sorry star wars setting in ;) )

If you see a nice megabusa for cheep drop us a line folks :), I suppose we are just getting excited so want one NOW!!! Lol

Mrs flap loved the interior, he has spent ages carpeting it, and to be honest it looked perfect, a top quality job.

Mr Catflap,

Have a look in the For Sale section on your favourite "other " site. I think theres a registered one there for less money.

John

No no i cant go there ;)

THEY WILL GET ME, LOL  i don’t think im flavour of the month there, well not with some individuals that cant understand that seeking knowledge is a slow process with many questions.

As a teacher im a strong believer in the theory that there is no such thing as a stupid question,

If you want the answer than its valid for you to ask, lol my gripe over ;)

Catflap

My 2p....I've just spent 8 weeks & 4 SVA re-tests to get a magabussa thro' SVA.  The car failed on emissions & we spent no end of hours trying to get a pass.  We ended up using a power-commander to control the fueling in order to get the thing through.  

In short, no SVA means it has to be £2k cheaper than a registered car as it might cost half that to get it through.

As for not having time to SVA the car, the man managed to find at least 100 hours to build it, but can't find 4 hours to SVA test it & increase it's value by £2K?? Why?

Paul@plays-kool

Thanx paul :)

Thats our concern, we would not know what to do if there was a problem, we dont have the tools or skills to get it through (not yet anyway)