Need help on this car

catflap

Looks very new and shiny - Not registered  ???  why not  ???  Has it been SVA'd  ???  Just a couple of questions and check out all papers and receipts.   ;)

Oh and make sure as its a new one that all your nuts are tight  :blush:  and it has been put together o.k - perhaps a local fellow friendly club member would take a look with you  :)

Not registered - whats the chance of a test drive  ;)  ???

I know, dont know what to do, dont have the knowledge.

But a nice price for the sort of car im looking at (take me a month to save the extra, i bet its sold by then LOL)

Calling all westy owners, Calling all westy owners, report in for catflap assistance duty LOL

take me a month to save the extra, i bet its sold by then LOL)

Not so sure, that particular car has been for sale along time if my memory serves me correctly.

Does anyone know of anything wrong with it, and whats the going rate on megabusas in good condtion? i cant seem to find that many for sale.

Any help would be appreciated :)

wasnt this car at westfields open day last year?

not sure how may green cars would have yellow seats.

did you ring and ask if there was anything wrong with it? and why its not registered?

after all, he can't lie...its the law!

The car looks good, saw it at stonelea, engine runs smooth (though I don’t know what to look for).

The build quality on it was superb, no time being the reason for sale and not had the sva im told, sounds logical.

What i really could do with is someone who knows about megabusa, going to have a look with me, as i suppose the AA/rac check things wont know what to look for.

Yes i think thats the same car, the owner sent it for some work and it ended up at the show.

Its under priced, and as far as I can see, the reason is dude to the lack of sva, if this is the case id like to pick it up, if there are other issues I should know about then ill re think.

Please keep your advice coming :)

Hi Catty.

My 2p on this car.

It has been up for sale for quite a while, I thought about it when I bought my kit back in March.  I too saw it at Stoneleigh.

Make sure you are ok with the colour for starters - this is hard work to change if you want to change it.  And check out the full spec... I'm not sure it can be registered on a new number plate - is the engine the only reconditioned part?  Ask about the diff... I'm fairly sure it has Freelander diff, but check if it's new one, and if it has the Quaife LSD internals.

Also I spoke to Simon at Westfield about this car.  The guy who built it is fairly local to the factory, speak to Westfield about it.

Personally I don't like the interior, a car like a 'busa deserves not to have carpets and comfy seats etc!  But each to his own I guess. :)

Also I'm not overly keen on the 'cosmetic' roll bars, but again there's an element of personal preference there (yeah, I prefer to keep my head as intact as possible).

Check out the full spec, and try to work out how much it has cost.  Then take some off.  SVA _should_ be straightforward if it's all pretty much off the shelf.   It looks like a bit of a bargain, but make sure you do your research before you plunge... oh that's what you're doing here init?!?   :D

Good luck.

Moomin.

Thanx moomin :)

We really cant decide, we are not keen on a q plate.

And the colour is well....... actually it aint too bad when seen in the flesh, but yellow or orange is what we are looking for.

The chap who built it was most help full and seemed  nice enough :) so no probs with him.

We just dont know what to do, i think we should wait for a megabusa a year or 2 old, we are not in a any rush, but would hate to think we missed a bargain.

Thnx

Hi Catflap

Check out www.terrynightingale.co.uk they have a W plate Megabusa for sale in orange with lots of carbon fibre!!! 2000 miles for £15950.

P.s  We bought our megablade from them and have had outstanding service and reliabilty........dont delay as it WILL sell quick!!

Regards

Gaz & Krissy

Hay you two :)

We are gona drop you a line soon :)

The price they want is out of our price range :( we can scrape 14k at moment (and its gona wipe us out for a while, and from the advert it dont sound like they would settle for 14, if they would we would take it like a shot)

DAM

Are we being un realistic looking for a busa for this price (private would be less we thought)

Need to think if a blade would be suitable but just got our heart on the busa.

Morning Mr Flap.

You definitely need to be sure that you can register it on a non-Q then - that's a priority for you to find out, it might save you some agonising!

Secondly if you're not keen on the colour... as you say it doesn't look as bad in the flesh, and although it could be changed if you _really_ wanted to, it's a b***h of a job to do that.  And remember, you've got to live with the car and not get sick of the colour in six months time.

That one on TN is lovely.  Shame you can't stretch the funds that far.  Do you think the green one will come down to that price?  I just remembered that I saw it advertised on eBay a while ago also, it obviously didn't get any bids or didn't meet it's reserve (opening bid was 10k with 0 bids when I saw it).

I have a feeling you will let us all know how it goes!   ;)

Moom.

If you've got a budget of 14K, why not build your own? £10K will buy you a complete kit of parts (in the colour you want), then all you need to add are alloys (I paid £180 for five secondhand) and an engine (Hayabusa lumps go for around £2K secondhand, £3-4K brand-new).

I'm just finishing off my Megabusa (just waiting for the engine to arrive) and built it from a pile of bits to a rolling chassis in about 14 days. A word of advice, though - pay the £200 extra to have the riveting done by the factory - I have one arm like Popeye, now!

Just think - within budget, built exactly how you want it and a non-Q registration. And you don't need to be a master mechanic - it's the first car I've ever built. :D

Thanx pete

Its an option, but we dont have the time to build it (although its something im gona do one day), i get about 2 Sundays free a month and that’s it, what with work and the courses im on, im usually out form 8 in the morning to 10 at night every day.

Is that all the kit cost? 10k blimy that’s good.

Where do you get the engines from are they hard to find?

I think I would rather buy a second hand one, and just jump in and drive for now, I don’t have any tools or anything.

As for the greeny, the build quality is simply superb, he has really put some effort in that car, good luck to him to sell it, providing it passes the sva, itll make a nice car for someone.