New Rivet Nut Tool

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Not sure if this is in the right section or not, or if this will be allowed to stay up

But

At our last Local Area Meet, Ken from “MEMFast” (Rivet Nuts plus Tools) come over and gave us a talk and advise regarding Rivet Nuts (sounds sad I know but their new tool was so easy to use……… :t-up: )

They have designed a new and very easy to use Rivet tool and are offering a 10% discount for WSCC Members.

This tool allows you to insert the Rivet Nuts and Rivet Studs without under tightening or over tightening, also with out breaking your hands  :laugh:  :p

See their instructions

Just get in touch with Ken, he is very helpful and will answer any questions.

Looks good but would have to query step 7 in the instructions regards the ideal no of turns for the correct tension, it will only apply if you can see the back of the workface and hence the shape of the compressed nut .

In many applications that would not be the case e.g. fitting to a boxed chassis member  ???

Perhaps i've missed some vital info though  :t-up:

Good Point..... I did ask the same question....

He said you can tell when you have right tension as when your turning and tighten you can feel when its right.

I would also test out on some spare metal and you should get the feel for it.

moved to WSCC Sponsor area for special offers

I have had one of these for a while. Very easy to use and very well made. Highly recommended !!!  :t-up:

I have had one of these for a while. Very easy to use and very well made. Highly recommended !!!  :t-up:

I'd have been lost without mine during my build.  Good & strong and easy to use  :t-up:

• 3 weeks later...