Testing my Avatar

Westfieldman

Paul,

The Avatar is limited to 150 pixels by 150 pixels. If your image is any larger the browser will download the whole image and then resize it. This takes time as it has to download a large file and also the image can look at bit speckly cos of the resizing by the browser.

A better solution is to resample your original picture to just 150X150 or less. This way the browser only need to get a small file (6K for jpg) and the pictrue will look less speckly. I have emailed you a picture of your avatur reduced to this size. If you have any probs email me.

Webmaster.

• 1 month later...

Nice picture. What colour is your car matt? I saw a Black one at the factory last week which looked nice. I haven't really seen many that colour before and yours looks blackish from the pickie

Stueyboy

Like the blue sportcarbon.......

......how about one in yellow.

Stueyboy

Was you at Westfield last Friday?

Was the black one you saw complete / in for a setup?

If you was / it was, then that was my car.

Only 8 days now to SVA!

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!!!

The black westie was complete (except engine cover was off). It was a zetec like mine and was sitting just inside the door. Looks nice. If you built it yourself, you did a good job.

Was picking up new bonnet and carbon nose cone (ooh expensive) due to muppet white van accident described elsewhere on these forums

Hi Stueyboy yes it is black with chrome susp. and roll bar. I planned to build a yellow one until I went to the factory and saw on just like mine. Could not help my self when i saw that one. There are more details on my web site if you are interested. www.westfield-sw.co.uk  :D

Matt

Interesting site, especially the bit with the Westie and the 5 litre TVR engine!!! Have you ever driven it. And if so, did you manage to keep it going in a straight line for more than 30 seconds. It looks mental...... I want a shot

Hi Stueyboy no i have not driven it but i can say it gose like f**k. i thought mine was ok untill i tried to keep up with Trevors. He dose have problems going straight if he gives it too much stick. The problem is it has bitten him a few times now and he is afraid to go to made in it. so when we all go out for a blast down the Cornish lanes we have to wait for him to catch up.lol :devil:

Just trying this,

DCP_0013_small.JPG

and again

DCP_0009_small.JPG

now it should

but small

DCP_0008.JPG

now far too big

HELP sone one let me know in very simple terms how to make the size for the page please

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, to resize an image (this will vary depending on what art package you are using) go to the image menu and select image properties, set the measurement scale to be pixels, and change the larger value (probably width) to the appropriate size (ie 150) assuming you have the keep aspect ratio box checked the other value (height) should also have been changed.  Then it's just an OK and save.

Only had my computer since 28 Jan so please enlighten me I gather an avitar is the pickkey on the post how do I put one on ? Running on xp  ???