Let the bun throwing begin

James

We had a run last Friday down to Poole Quay for there Sevens night and admitadley we did anticipate a selection of cars and we turned out to be the only Westfields there. :blush:

It was fairly obvious that some of the Seven owners where prehaps looking down there noses at us just a little bit but check this out

One of our members was thinking about building a Caterham but after seing and now hearing what incredible snobs they are he dosnt want anything to do with them :laugh:  :D  :p

The thing that amazed me was there must have been around 100 caterhams there and there was only one that was mint ( and that had done only 600 miles) ALL of the rest were ropey somewhere or other which from the percived value bothered me, IF I owned one I would want to keep it as tidy as posible.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James

• Norman Verona

• Asterix

• Mark Stanton

Oh and the one that got us in trouble was Glenn but he alway's likes to show how little griP his rear wheels have with a Cossi engine.  :D nothing personel boys your just out gunned :laugh:

Don't worry about CB, he just jealous as his car only has a crossflow  :laugh:

What's the point into entering any bun fight  ???  ???  ??? it takes all sorts and there's good and bad in every crowd  :)  :) ......... if some foks are happy with their internet "mines better than yours" then so what - whist they are typing such stuff to justify themselves at least its one less on the road  :)  :)

Nowt wrong with a crossflow, just fitted to the wrong type of car. Westfield are just so much better looking overall IMHO

Oh Im not worried, This was brought to my attention by Nick (a freind of mine) and the chap who was looking into getting a seven starter kit, I phoned him this morning to tell him to do it ( I could see him wanting one Friday evening) and he told me about this thread.

He was shocked to see some of the remarks, I did think the Jellybaby one showed some imagination though, :D I was acussed on the evening by one Caterham owner of "wanting to swap my steering wheel with his"   ;) I think he had the wrong impresion, next time we should turn up wearing some burberry caps and white trainers ;):t-up:

I wouldn't worry about it.....most of the Caterham crowd are perfectly pleasent...we had a great charity weigh in event with them last year. But there is always a select few who can't help but comment.....Interesting to see we are branded Chavs!..

To be honest, if there was a group of Westfields, and a couple of caterhams turned up spinning thier wheels, I dare say we may have used a few choice words, JMHO....

My brother owns a Caterham and we have done a couple of events at Legoland.

Two years ago one of the Cateringvan boy' spent the day winding me up, and into the later part of the day asked what sort of price a Westfield a few years old might be worth?

Upon getting a distinct impression this wasn't general chat and after a bit of pushing, I dragged it out of him (the very proud heritage owner), did in-fact own a Westfield too!

It was with great pleasure that this little known fact was passed onto his fellow Cateringvan owners that very afternoon.

He promptly closed his debate, on the heritage and windings up of owning a Westfield.  :D

I have a read of quite a few threads over on the darkside and it amazes me how catty that site is  :oops: members petty bickering among each other, Its quite amusing at times  :laugh:

end of the day we are all like minded petrolheads with a common interest, I went to the Caterham meet last week and spent time talking  in both the caterham and robin hood camp  who also have there meeting there  :t-up:

I must say that the quality of spelling and grammar seems much better on the Blatchat site

Ps. my spelling hasnt improved since I bought a Caterinvan and one of the reasons I wont be joining up    :blush:  :durr:

quote "Can someone explain why the Westfield chavs had to act like a bunch of juvenile twunts when they departed?

Is it a jealously thing?"

******s   lol

Heritage - what is this heritage all about then?

Are we talking about the Heritage that was 'bought'  from Lotus.  :D

As Jeff says and was thinking the same thing "end of the day we are all like minded petrolheads with a common interest" . Don't see the problem myself.

As Mark says there are good and bad in all groups. However I do agree that there are some real snobs in the Lotus 7 Club. The Westie owners seem to me to be far more down to earth and chummy types of chaps.

As Mark says there are good and bad in all groups. However I do agree that there are some real snobs in the Lotus 7 Club. The Westie owners seem to me to be far more down to earth and chummy types of chaps.

well said Norman, you can stay  ;)