Pre-litigation Westfield

K6REL

I am in California and own number 52 of the 132 that were produced. First registered here in 1985. I have not seen another one over here but I believe there are a few on this side of the pond. My 1600 cc engine on the dyno produced 135 hp.

Just curious how many on this post still are running.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• spence

• Mark (smokey mow)

• ban1216

I think I've asked this question before IIRC, but didn't find out.

There are a few on here, off hand Keith ( can't remember his user name  :bangshead: sorry mate :D  ), Scott Pre-Lit has one and Boomy used to have one, although he sold it on to a friend and it's still running. Think I've only ever seen two for sale on Pistonheads. Boomy was also in touch with somebody from Belgium i think, who had one, I had some pics but have lost them. :bangshead:  Will try and see if he still has them and post it later.

Good excuse to post a piccy of mine in it's lasted guise anyway. :D No idea what number it is. I'll have to ask thrustyjust who built it.

ioqc7r.jpg

This is what it looked like when I first bought it, it's on Tiggers website. Probably the most comprehensive site there is and a hive of information.

http://westfield-world.com/pics_spence.html

Got any piccies of yours ?

I know the Spence's pre lit used to be owned by Dave Spooner who spent a lot of time and effort restoring it from previous owner to him  :D it then had Westfield bucket seats, single hoop roll bar, diamond pattern wheels, red cycle wings and big headlights  :D

Not forgetting the ultimate - Simon Thornley's K series monster and Curborough class 2B record holder

15572.jpeg

I have a 91 narrow, looks as if the “lines” have been added to the nose cone, bonnet & scuttle at the sides in order to change the appearance. Really like the look of the pre-lit actually, not overly keen on how the newer models are evolving.

I spotted this very nice midget/sprite based Seven today at Helmingham Hall.  The car was lined up alongside the lotus club stand and I mistakenly thought it was a series 1 lotus 7 so good is the likeness, after a lengthy chat with it's owner I was assured it is an early aluminium bodied Westfield Seven.

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

I know the Spence's pre lit used to be owned by Dave Spooner who spent a lot of time and effort restoring it from previous owner to him  :D it then had Westfield bucket seats, single hoop roll bar, diamond pattern wheels, red cycle wings and big headlights  :D

That's right  :D  I think thrustyjust bought it off Dave IIRC. Have got a folder full of receipts right back when Dave Spooner had it and the previous owner to him.

So when I said built I should rephrase that as played a big part in it's build history.  :D

Have still got the bucket seats, head lights, cycle wings and one of the wheels in the garage. IIRC I think the previous owner to me sold the diamond wheels and replaced them with 17" alloys ( see tiggers website ). Thrustyjust changed the roll bar for the one that is now on it.

Funnily enough I recently met up with thrustyjust at WTCC at Brands a few weeks ago, having been trying to meet up over the last few years. He recognised the car on here after I put up a few pictures whilst I asking about a few problems I was having. Was great to meet up with his family and have a chat about the car and all the little things I never knew about. His son even got to sit in the car that has just been a picture on his wall.

Was thinking the same thing as Gazza today and see if we can trace the whereabouts of as many as possible. :t-up:

Heres a pic of mine when it was running. its already in bed for the winter after another crap year with engine issues. Any pics of yours K6REL. Based near Durham

evo7se also has a prelit

207.jpg

Chassis #7 is located in Wells, Maine USA and is currently up for sale on Manik

Click the pre-owned link and scroll down to see pics.

Looks to be in "authentic" used condition.   :)