Landow /Lys y Fran

Terry Everall

I have emailed them a couple of times and they haven’t replied once.

Andy I have received replies  :p   :D  ;) and with regard to any refund, sorry chap don't hold your breath  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

Would this be a good time to take bets on how many people will make the trip next year!! :p  :sheep:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish Bloke

• Terry Everall

• Mrs Tigger

• Tigger

Perhaps it may be prudent to address such matters when/if that happens ........... not defending this year or that of 2007, when it was also crap weather and not the best organisation .......... but in previous years the event has achieved 3 timed runs for all drivers, top ten run-off featuring 6 Westfields, glorious weather  ;)  ;) all with many more drivers than entered this year  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Why was it such poor organisation  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :suspect:  :suspect:  ???  ???  ??? - wireless timing gear failure - no back up, poor communication with entrants, dreadful weather conditions, serious accident with despatch of ambulance and paramedic and no back up in order for event to continue  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down: a catologue of unforeseen happenings combined with knee jerk reactions do not combine well for a slickly run event   :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:

I have contacted the organisers twice, and whilst I've had replies to both emails, "lip service" springs to mind.

Sadly because of the poorly run event at Llys-y-fran, Llandow won't be getting my hard earned next year either which pisses me off. I will miss both events, I really enjoy both but at a cost of £500+ for the weekend, not to mention the 800+ miles, I can't justify the risk again.

If the rumours of no refund are true, that's descision made for me. I feel sorry for Llandow, they've done nothing wrong but it's a long way for one event.

Rich

If I'm reading MSA motorsport now mag correctly the need for an ambulance at an event full time is being dropped as long as there is a licensed MSA rescue unit on site.

If I'm reading MSA motorsport now mag correctly the need for an ambulance at an event full time is being dropped as long as there is a licensed MSA rescue unit on site.

the damage was done way before the accident occured. There's no getting away from the fact that at 5.20pm most folks hadn't had a timed run, the accident happened after 5.20

Thankfully reports are that the driver is ok, which is good news, bad end to a bad day.