Landow /Lys y Fran

Terry Everall

What a weekend, a tale of good and bad, the bad being very bad  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Having vowed never to compete at this weekend 4 years ago, then going back every year since, it obviously has a certain appeal  ??? Llandow is a great little sprint circuit, normally very well organised and is up there with the best as a social event. Llys y fran is also a brilliant hill but has suffered through organisational issues in the past. For various reasons yesterday was no different, what a $?&!*&$ disaster :bangshead:

Timed runs were due to start at 2.00pm, we were in batch two, and were called to the pre start queue at about half two, unfortunately the timing gear failed, we waited there for about an hour and a half, mean time the track was drying and no one could get back to the paddock to change tyres :bangshead: EVENTUALLY, we were sent to the top paddock and pre start line, where we were held til after 5.00pm :bangshead:  We were visited by an official who said only one timed run would be possible due to time restrictions, TBH I think most of us had given up hope by that point anyway.

At 5.20pm we got started again, Hurrah, unfortunately the third car away had a "big off" - best wishes to the driver who required medical attention. Competition then had to be cancelled as the medical officer had to accompany the injured driver to hospital.

So as Nick has already said, quite a lot of us never got a timed run and as I now understand the event was cancelled? £160 worth of diesel and a very p****d off 7 hour drive home, I got in at 3.00 am this morning, lucky we don't have a cat!!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Terry, Matt and Del competed on Saturday with Matt taking the honours by the skin of his teeth as I remember.

King Regards

Mr Angry - Out

glad i gave it a miss ric  :p  :devil:  :devil:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish Bloke

• Terry Everall

• Mrs Tigger

• Tigger

Good try Del

So he has now won by 0.02secs and 0.04secs!

He better keep off the burgers!

Somebody "up there" likes him :oops:

6134_1188878645344_1329678759_30515561_7198281_n.jpg

6134_1188878605343_1329678759_30515560_3186474_n.jpg

i dont know,bloke cant even "focus" on the track contemplating his next run in peace..... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Tigger enjoying some chill time on his birthday at Llysyfran

6134_1188878645344_1329678759_30515561_7

6134_1188878605343_1329678759_30515560_3

i dont know,bloke cant even "focus" on the track contemplating his next run in peace..... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

I was so deep in thought working out my driving lines, I didn't notice the photographer - well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

i will get you all back for this you barstewards :p:p:p:D

Tigger, it's always important to grab an afternoon nap once you reach your age  :p  :laugh:

matt's car must be realy fast it's blown all his hair off :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

Folks,

As richie scott bloke and annie say, a real mixed bag of a weekend. Llandow - a good day, albeit a dangler up at "pot time" with the places being confused with Richie , Matt and Del and dealt with in an appauling fashion with all and sundry stood there scratching their heads waiting!

Yet again, and sadly a really poorly organised event at LLys y fran with no contingency plans for timing failure which I suspect put a lot of peeps under pressure, including myself who was told that it was all sorted and that I was a guinea pig for the timing system. I was told after by speckies, that on my run the clock stopped to give a full time and then jump another two seconds- interesting ! deep joy. sadly others got no timed runs

That said, the big off put in all in perspective and thank fully all ok in the scheme of things. Dangerous old day. At least we all got home to play another day in one piece, albeit p****d off for a number of different reasons, tired and out of pocket- hey ho ???    I was told that the event had been cancelled by the C of C with all results null and void.

I was told that the event had been cancelled by the C of C with all results null and void.

I assumed that the result for all the classes that managed to make one run would count - A,B,C & D.  It would seem a shame to lose points as well as the cost and time involved going up there.

Annie

I was told that the event had been cancelled by the C of C with all results null and void.

I assumed that the result for all the classes that managed to make one run would count - A,B,C & D.  It would seem a shame to lose points as well as the cost and time involved going up there.

Annie

Cant see that happening Annie as it would affect the overall championship points, not just your class.

Rather a sad introduction for you I'm sorry to say Annie  :(  :(

Llys Y Fran has been on calendar for many years now and there have been some very successful events there that included 3 timed runs for everyone and Fastest Top Ten run-off feature  ;)  ;)

You should by now have an email from Nick outlining that the Llys Y Fran is null and void - you cannot award points and times for some and not all  ;)  ;)  :(

Try never to assume in motorsport and MSA, it often leads to frustration and dissapointment   :(  :(  ;)

You should by now have an email from Nick outlining that the Llys Y Fran is null and void - you cannot award points and times for some and not all  

I hadn't thought through the effect on the overall championship - you're right Mark, it wouldn't be right to award points to some and not others.  

Hey ho!  that's racing - at least I've now had a bit more practice in the beast in the wet!!  

Annie

should pass on the bill to the timing company who should take the responsibility

New Keyboard Please

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D