Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

the only mirrors are on the ceiling  :laugh:  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

decided to cut some tin to shape and weld in for the odd shaped parts of the floor

SANY4344.jpg

it was then to make up a no expense spared metal folder - well ok it was a bit of angle iron and some g-clamps but it worked well

first piece cut and folded

SANY4346.jpg

SANY4343.jpg

made up the belly pan earlier this week

SANY4347.jpg

SANY4348.jpg

still messing about cleaning up the chassis and making up the alloy floor panels

I really fancy a curry

one end piece made up and the other half sorted

SANY4387.jpg

reckon about another month or so and the chassis will be getting blasted

Yeah, I think Cleggy might have misread Porsche, I think he's rebuilding a Panzer.  :p  :D

(some cracking work though  :t-up:  :D )

Where will the pianola fit?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I will be the one who is laughing when I mount the panzerfaust and flameflowers and come and hunt you down  :laugh:

the only safe people will be the ones up hills of gradient higher than 1 in 50 or others that live more than 50 miles from a petrol station

I really dont know what I am going to do with myself when there is nowt left to be added - now where will that pianola fit  :suspect:

:D  :D  

Do you need any cammo gear, and maybe night vision stuff to go along with it then?  :p  ;)  :D   :devil:

:D  :D  

Do you need any cammo gear, and maybe night vision stuff to go along with it then?  :p  ;)  :D   :devil:

food for thought  :laugh:  :p

ok - possibly my biggest U-turn to date - after a couple of cups of tea with Dave in the garage he pointed me in the right direction on the floorpans - thanks Dave you git  :angry:  :D   ;)

Basically the suggestion was why not modify what I had already done and fit a flat floor (well flatish)

This has a few of benefits -

1. trimming of the floor area with carpet will be much easier and look better too

2. The seat can be mounted direct to the floor which will be even an even better driving position that was already much better than original

3. a more simplified construction rather my perhaps over engineered heavyweight design

4. it is gonna look better too

So after a couple of nights thinking time I started hacking away - one step forwards two steps back springs to mind although I think this will be a big step forwards when done

some basic framework starting to go in

SANY4410.jpg

SANY4411.jpg

SANY4409.jpg

what have I done  :oops:

U turn

Just the keel to add now and a mast   :p  

but will it float ?  

could be U boat    :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry mate  :devil:

looks like you've gone a bit further and cut more off than we discussed so you cant blame me for that!  :laugh:  looking good though  :t-up:

Will stay away for a bit till you've made a few more steps forward  ???

Just seen in the news that Corus are planning a big refurb of there steel plant in Newport South Wales....

There boss must be following this thread! :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Will stay away for a bit till you've made a few more steps forward  ???

yeah you had best before you have any other good ideas  :laugh: