Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

front axle off, engine and gearbox removed

really wanted to start looking at getting the chassis finished off so I can get it sent away for blast and paint -

to make the welding and flooring job easier I made up some pivots - the chassis now spins a treat and will sit at any angle and hold itself without the need for support - basically I got luck with trying to find the centre line  :t-up:

front mount with has a plate so I can drill in whatever position I like to hold it steady enough to work on - this bolts on with the 4 bolts that hold the front beam on

SANY4197.jpg

rear one fixes straight on the fork

SANY4192.jpg

didnt P**s about making it look pretty but works well

been a long while since I have seen underneath

SANY4193.jpg

SANY4194.jpg

SANY4191.jpg

SANY4200.jpg

SANY4201.jpg

more gas required for welder and TBH a better welder

Excellent cleggy!

What a great idea :laugh:

Looks like it gonna work well

will come up soon :t-up:

let us know when you are thinking of popping over  :t-up:

better get some stronger tressles , them Machine Mart jobs must be getting close to there max load capacity by now  :p

better get some stronger tressles , them Machine Mart jobs must be getting close to there max load capacity by now  :p

the next blob of weld could be the straw that broke the camels back  :laugh:

bit more progress made

picked up gas refill gas bottle from BOC - only charged me £32 cause I was waiting the best part of ten minutes before I was served  :suspect:

decided to splash out and buy a gel battery - although this may end up on the westy if I get bored one weekend  :devil:

SANY4231.jpg

also picked up some aluminium - used ASC Metals in Peterborough - good service, they let me walk around and select what I wanted and even cut it for free although I had to help that chap with the guillotine (thank the lordy for spell checker) - walked out with two slightly damaged 2m x 1m sheets cut down to fit in the car -  just £40 which I thought was good value

one sheet is .9mm and the other 1.5mm which I shall use for the middle floor sections

SANY4237.jpg

had a bit of thin tin laying around - made up a template in cardboard and cut with the sheers and trimmed with tin snips to size

tacked up

SANY4228.jpg

welded up - not that tidy but will do

SANY4229.jpg

tidied up a bit with me old m8

SANY4234.jpg

need to start thinking about a metal folder - might make one? anyone seen any plans to make one up?

my rotisserie'd beetle

it is noisy because the accelerator cable is dragging on the stand

Your just showing off now cleggy, video's ha ;)

Looks like it works well mate

I was wondering when we would get the film version  :laugh:

cant wait for the sequal  :p

I like to do my filming in the nude  ;)

I like to do my filming in the nude  ;)

to much info mate, just make sure that there are no mirrors in the garage :laugh:

It's coming on nicely Cleggy.

With the appearance of pre-production footage, I assume you have sold the film rights to "Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild"

Cleggy:-I like to do my filming in the nude  ;)

Oh that explains it!, it must take a lot of practice to keep the camera steady with the right hand while doing something with the left :p

Oh that explains it!, it must take a lot of practice to keep the camera steady with the right hand while doing something with the left :p

You mean turning the chassis over?