Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

on the other hand I have been on the glue today  ;)  :laugh:  guess what? the door was nearly slammed off its hinges  :D

finally got around to sorting out the drivers seat - those that have followed the thread from the start will remember it was digging into my leg due to me being lanky

so basically did a bit of chopping and re-setting so the side sits closer to the tunnel

SANY3914.jpg

SANY3915.jpg

trial fitted - got me bum in there and now blood still pumps down to me toes when in  :t-up:

just gotta finish fibre glassing it up now

made up a tapered tool on the lathe out of nylon - using this for finishing off the holes after drilling out -

SANY3930.jpg

after altering the drivers seat to suit I decided to make the passenger seat match so there is not a big gap between the edge of the seat and the tunnel

used some weaved fibreglass to really make the strengthen things up

SANY3973.jpg

SANY3974.jpg

still awaiting the arrival of the oddysey battery but the bracket has arrived from Merlin

SANY3972.jpg

with the floors looking as one of the next jobs I found one of these on ebay very cheap at 60 odd quid

SANY3976.jpg

will finish off the other seat tomorrow - thinking about getting the engine out and getting the chassis onto a revolving frame so I can finish up underneath - anyone made up their own rotating stand?

thanks Dave - cheers for the lift Tony the other day  :t-up:

------------------------------------------

bit more done over the last week or so

had Dave and Tony over and they gave me a lift off with the body - thing has been up and down more times than a dog in a butchers doorway

SANY3986.jpg

did the remaining bulk of the fibre glassing on the drivers seat tonight - s**t job and glad the worst of it is over - made the mistake of not wearing tyvech paper suit and boy was I itchy

SANY3982.jpg

SANY3981.jpg

think I am gonna have a rest from the seats for a bit and start looking at the pedals again - might re-visit the accelerator pedal and do sumtin a bit different

also thinking about having the rear wheels banded - anyone any thoughts on banding wheels with regards to safety?

decided to re-think the accelerator pedal as I found that when pushing the brake I was catching it with my size twelves

not finished as you can see but you get the idea - heavy duty enough to be a brake pedal  :blush:  :D  - my usual stylee

SANY4085.jpg

SANY4087.jpg

I will extend the shaft that runs through the other pedals - will perhaps need to support this towards the end somehow

Loving the way you've drilled the throttle pedal for lightness Cleggy, are you starting to worry that it's getting too heavy :D

hey - i am getting very sensitive about my excessive weight  ;)  :laugh:

Really enjoy following this thread Cleggy, I don't understand most of it but I'm learning some stuff :)

Top effort so far :)

thanks m8 - but hey dont take any notice of what I am doing - I aint got a ****** clue but hey I am having fun along the way and learning a little too  :)

If it first you don't succeed, pretend that's what you were planning to do :D

oh yes  :laugh:

----------

used the lathe to make up a sleeve for the go pedal shaft tonight - tapered off the end for looks and drilled holes that will be filled with weld once lined up

SANY4101.jpg

butted the flat end up against the brake pedal which has helped firmed everything up nicely and looks better too IMO

SANY4108.jpg

SANY4107.jpg

SANY4105.jpg

not sure whether to have a go at making up some aluminium pedals or to buy some after market ones? anybody seen any nice ones about for reasonable money? preferably not Halfors super mega turbo blaster ones  :laugh:

welded up the sleeve

SANY4117.jpg

finished off the the pivot pin

SANY4112.jpg

SANY4115.jpg

SANY4116.jpg

pedal finished other than the bit you stomp your foot on