Westfield Newsletter - February 2009

Julian Turner - Westfield Sportscars Ltd

I have a suggestion of how to out live the "credit crunch" answer the phone when people try to place orders!

I have been very disapointed that it is quicker to hunt around the internet and speak to various suppliers to find the right part than it is to place and order directly with Westfield. I know some people like to hunt around for the best price but some people just like to place a simple order for parts which you can be sure will fit even though they might cost a little more.

I have tried to spend nearly £1,000 on parts (not just for my car but also for a friend) but no response to the phone ment we went else where.

Rant over... I love my Westfield  :D

I have a suggestion of how to out live the "credit crunch" answer the phone when people try to place orders!

I have been very disapointed that it is quicker to hunt around the internet and speak to various suppliers to find the right part than it is to place and order directly with Westfield. I know some people like to hunt around for the best price but some people just like to place a simple order for parts which you can be sure will fit even though they might cost a little more.

I have tried to spend nearly £1,000 on parts (not just for my car but also for a friend) but no response to the phone ment we went else where.

Rant over... I love my Westfield  :D

I agree,

I have on more than a few occasions given up trying to get through and then later that evening had the "do you know what, I don't actually need that if I'm honest moment"  :suspect:  :oops:  ???

On the other hand, it's meant that my bank balance has more chance of surviving the credit crunch :D  :D  :p

In short - I manage a business, and I would be mortified if my top line was being affected by an inability to take orders, especially while most businesses are going under in the current climate because of lack of consumer spending. :bangshead:  :bangshead:

anyway - dejavu - this has been said before but never addressed........

Observation

I was in the parts just before xmas collecting my new carbon rear lights and rear valance which took 6 weeks to come. anyway, was in parts perhaps 45mins and the phone didn't stop ringing and there was only one guy on serving me and two other blokes..... under staffed = loss of potential business....

On a good note....

I have never had a problem contacting the parts department, phone has always been answered quickly and parts always recieved the next day.

On a bad note.....

I also ordered a rear valance some weeks before xmas, and it must have been about six weeks until I received it, not sure what was going on there???....

I prefere to spend my money at Westfield as you know the parts will be the right ones and fit first time every time, well thats my experience.

On the whole the service is pretty good and NO before anyone says it im not paid by Westfield...

And thats my two pennies worth..........................

• 2 weeks later...

the phone didn't stop ringing and there was only one guy on serving me and two other blokes..... under staffed = loss of potential business....

I tuaght my staff a very simple truth. The bloke on the phone cannot see you serving on the counter. The bloke at the counter can hear the phone.

Say excuse me and answere the phone, take a contact number, hang up, continue serving then RING BACK

if it's so rare why do we call it common?

if it's so rare why do we call it common?

I think you have to be over 40 to have any Norman, nearly put 50, but thought better of it :D:D

• 2 weeks later...
I think you have to be over 40 to have any Norman,

So true

Intelligence used to be normal but these days, it seems to be an art.

I always found the Parts department at Westfield helpful but of latter years, I just can’t get through on the telephone.

Having been to Westfield, I can see what pressure the Parts department are under.

It’s not their fault but I buy parts elsewhere.