CAGED GROUP BUY

MARTIN T

I spoke to caged and they are happy to do another group buy, we need 5 or more cages, because of the vat changes the prices are as follows and include the vat, Narrow cage £759, Wide cage £788 and fitting if required is £172.50. As a note some of the Narrow cars are slightly different and caged said if you want a 100% fit on a Narrow they would like to build it on the car.

when is the latest we could order one? money lil tight atm

I only asked caged about a group buy on Wednesday so you probrally have some time, they will probrally let you pay a deposit and get the cage later on but how late I will have to find out, give it a few days as there will probrally be more questions and I can email them to phil at caged in one go.

Very interested in a cage for my narrow bodied Westfield, only the offer is about 3 months too soon for me. I would have no problem in getting it to the factory for fitting.

Would they be prepared to wait?

Very interested in a cage for my narrow bodied Westfield, only the offer is about 3 months too soon for me. I would have no problem in getting it to the factory for fitting.

Would they be prepared to wait?

I spoke to caged today and yes they are prepared to wait as they want to make a  batch of 5 or more

Could be interested in one for my Busa  ( hence wide bodied ).

How simple is it to fit, or is better left to the experts?

I too could be interested in this although I will have to wait to see what money is like I'm afraid (or rather how much is left on my flexible friend).

Put me down as tentative for one for my SEiW Megablade come Busa please.

Ta

Could be interested in one for my Busa  ( hence wide bodied ).

How simple is it to fit, or is better left to the experts?

Most people that have fitted them say its very easy but takes two people to fit. I have been told the wide body cage fits well but as the narrow cars can be different from narrow to narrow caged like to build them on the car if you want a 100% fit

How do Caged require the car to be presented to fit the cage? Do they want the seats to be taken out? Do they want the inner panels to be removed or does the fitting price include any work like this?

How do Caged require the car to be presented to fit the cage? Do they want the seats to be taken out? Do they want the inner panels to be removed or does the fitting price include any work like this?

They want the seats and inner panels out, I think £150 is still a good price, 3 years ago Audi wanted £100 just to change my oil in my S3 :(

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious as to whether or not this is still going ahead as there hasn't been any activity on this thread for a few weeks.  Personally, I'm interested in a cage for my pre-lit.

Just curious as to whether or not this is still going ahead as there hasn't been any activity on this thread for a few weeks.  Personally, I'm interested in a cage for my pre-lit.

As far as I know cage will still do the group buy, its all money into there bank at the end of the day, I admit I haven't bothered about the group buy for a couple of weeks as I had a crash just after I set this up and I am still waiting for the insurance company to do there bit ???

As far as I know cage will still do the group buy, its all money into there bank at the end of the day, I admit I haven't bothered about the group buy for a couple of weeks as I had a crash just after I set this up and I am still waiting for the insurance company to do there bit ???

Hope you were OK Martin. You were just getting the car right. Hope there was not to much damage.

JEM

Hope you were OK Martin. You were just getting the car right. Hope there was not to much damage.

JEM

I was fine thanks, only slight body damage, at least I can take the body off now and weld the cage mounts in, probably floor mounted pedals as well :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.