Westfield SER1

hogman

Nope it's still perfectly straight.  Could barely see or tell what speed i was doing so i took it very easy indeed.  Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed I get the hang of the gear change before the clutch wears out!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hogman

• minisweeper

• samcooke

• TMD-ZETEC

Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed I get the hang of the gear change before the clutch wears out!

Bit of a lift and bang it up a gear - no need to use the clutch, except on the way down. :)

Even if you do fook the clutch - £80 and half an hour's work later and you're away.

Welcome to the dreamy world of the BEC.

Yeah.  I can change up reasonably well (though 2nd to 3rd can be a bit troublesome?) it's the down shift i'm struggling slightly more with.  I'm sure i'll get the hang of it once i'm more used to the throttle positions.  

Just keep your fingers crossed for some decent b****y weather this year!

You will be fine, BEC's just take a little time to get used to. Its got a new Barnett race clutch in there, fully serviced with new plates & springs and front plate etc so dont worry it will take some abuse!

Rev and use the clutch going down, just lift no clutch going up.

Glad you got home safely, hope you get plenty of good weather to use her now.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.