• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• perksy

• stephenh

• carpetstu

• Mark Stanton

Count me in for sure either in Westie for static or can bring the School Cars if the kids want to have a go at driving / steering a car (as long as the car park is classed as private property my insurance covers them  :t-up: )

When Does this kick off, Perksy?

We will be just outside Minhead for the weekend at a Folk Festival, but if we leave early on Sunday, we could get there for the afternoon.

It'll be in the Afternoon Mate

This is the same day as the Local Cancer UK 'Race For Life' event which is taking place in the morning on the other side of Shrewsbury

So thought it would be best not to have it at the same time

Also gives everybody chance to get out of bed    :oops:    :suspect:      :D

Sounds good.

As long as it is not lashing down and barring disasters, we will be there somewhere between 1 and 2 p.m.

A few photos of kids sitting in various cars making 'broom broom' noises should brighten their day and give them something to remember.

The car should be ready by then count me in.

Steve

Mark, this is great news.

Your right the raising of funds can be a tricky one, but perhaps I have an idea or two for you on that, let me do some sums and i'll come back to you (PM).

80 + kids and parents, we might need some thought to a marque/cover of some kind.

We could organise a few competitions, for both the kids and the members:

Kids could draw a seven/decorate an outline, best one gets a prize. Perhaps the factory might be interested in supporting this and then having the design in vinal applied to a car to support the charity event?

The kids could vote on the "favourite" car?

We could have a concorse compertition?

We could have fancy dress compertition?

Photos of Dad in the car for £1, all proceeds to the hospital?

I'll give it some more thought and come back to you.

mark

My car passed it's SVA at Shrewsbury, despite dodgy emissions. Can't mention the examiner's name 'cos I wouldn't like him to get into trouble. Would love another trip down the A41 on the 13th July so count me in.

John.

PS. Thanks, George.   ;)

Thanks lads    ;)

Mark

Look forward to hearing from you      :t-up:

Haven't heard back from the Factory yet, So hopefully we can still get them onboard, maybe some colour brochures for the kids   ???

Have a meeting next week with the Events/ Communication Manager at the Hospital

Have advised them that we might need more space than i originally thought        

Cheers

Perksy

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Had another meeting today    :oops:

Hospital have given the ok for Passenger rides

for the Kids

BUT only one Westy i'm afraid and at 10mph   :oops:   

(Health & Safety concerns about more than one...)

They Don't see the event as a Fund raiser and see it more as a 'put smiles on faces' for the Kids    :cool:

They've said to expect 70 plus

They all went to see Father Christmas in December and there was 120 of them in total    :oops:    :xmas:    :D

We'll have an alotted area to display the cars and an overspill/Parent parking Area will be reserved

Press release will be issued by the Hospital

We need to provide a few stewards/marshalls in Hi Vis vests just to organise the parking up of the cars etc

We'll sort out a gezebo with some drinks & biscuits and if we're lucky Mrs Perksy might even do some of Her famous Cookies     :blush:     :D

Sorting out WSCC Flags etc with Mark S and Mark J from the club at the moment

Thanks for the Support shown so far    :t-up:

Cheers

Perksy

Had another meeting today    

Good to see you're getting fully involved with standard NHS Management practice Mark  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Why work........... have a meeting instead  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Had another meeting today    

Good to see you're getting fully involved with standard NHS Management practice Mark  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Why work........... have a meeting instead  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Not One Chocolate Biscuit in sight either Mark    :oops:    :down:

Not One Chocolate Biscuit in sight either Mark    

Tell me about it ........... struggled to get a coffee  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

New venue for meets on that project**  :D  :D  ;) with lunch provided  ;)  ;)  :D  :D

** which is now going bad ways and guess what organisation has made a screw-up  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)