£100 Banger Wanted

pgh

Doing Staples2Naples this year to raise money for Cancer Research. Need to buy a car capable of holding 3 six footers in relative comfort for four days of solid driving. £100 is the top limit we're allowed to spend, diesel estate would be perfect but beggars can't be choosers  :)

Thought I'd post here on the off chance someone has a donor car they decided not to chop up!

Paul

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgh

• Blatman

• peterg

• carpetstu

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an R reg (I think) 1.4 clio with a dented sill and door and blown headgasket you can have for £100.

Might be worth a chat with your local car dealers.

If they get a cheap trade in they might be up for a bit of Charity donation, especially if you can put their name on the car!

Just a thought.  :D

whatever Blatman is using as his day to day car will probably fit the bill perfectly....  :t-up:  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Oi...

As it happens... got an F reg Escrot 1.8D to shift. Genuine 45,000 miles. Needs an alternator to be a runner, otherwise it'd be perfectly acceptable, faded paint notwithstanding... It's even MOT'd...

But can he have it for less than £100 ?

Peter... b*******off... :p

But can he have it for less than £100 ?

Bring a fully charged battery and drive it away for £99... Budget for a new/recon alternator though...

I think I still have the alternator off the CVH. If it will fit its yours!

Let me know and I will have a search in the garage.

got an F reg Escrot 1.8D to shift

Seriously? That would fit the bill nicely. Don't suppose you've got a picture I can use to convince my co-drivers?

Paul

Seriously? That would fit the bill nicely. Don't suppose you've got a picture I can use to convince my co-drivers?

Paul

Yes, seriously. I'll try and grab some pics at the weekend. PM me yer email address and I'll waz them over...

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... it's a 3 door :down: but it's perfect for making in to an XR3-alike :devil:

Paul

Yes, seriously. I'll try and grab some pics at the weekend. PM me yer email address and I'll waz them over...

Oh yeah... forgot to mention... it's a 3 door :down: but it's perfect for making in to an XR3-alike :devil:

Blatters, I think we need to see the pix here to allow some serious p*ss taking to be done!!! :p  :p  :p

goryZ72233QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m122" target="_blank">Think the battery is up to powering these lil beauties?

Battery might be... for about 47 seconds... But as the alterrnator is deader than my nan 47 secs is about all you'll get before night falls again :0

Pics should be up at the weekend. It's my parents old car and as such should be treated with due deference, otherwise I'm telling me mum... other than that, take yer best shot. My shoulders are broad and my memory long...

Mechanically, it's 100%, so unless you do something daft, it's still got a good 150,000 miles of life in it. It should knock out StaplestoNaples without breaking a sweat...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.