Windscreen wiper box position

homesteady

The pic posted by KerryS shows the cover over the motor. Extending the loom is easy with a few wires and a soldering iron. Except you will also have to open up the wiper motor and change the direction of the gearing. Not difficult just messy!! I never bothered with the cover on my motor as the plate holding the ECU neatly hides it all. The fruatration for me was I discovered all this after I fitted the scuttle least you have a heads up.. :)

Thanks New Bear I think I've got it bent OK, the inner does move along the tubes. I just hope the motor can overcome the inertia on start.

Kerry. Many thanks for the advice. I cannot see the  avatar but I'll have another look at your build site.

I'll check the loom tomorrow and contact WF for an extension.

The pic posted by KerryS shows the cover over the motor. Extending the loom is easy with a few wires and a soldering iron. Except you will also have to open up the wiper motor and change the direction of the gearing. Not difficult just messy!! I never bothered with the cover on my motor as the plate holding the ECU neatly hides it all. The fruatration for me was I discovered all this after I fitted the scuttle least you have a heads up.. :)

The cover was on at time of photo but came off when I found that the ECU hinged plate was covering it.

Not sure about the re-wiring the motor conections, I didn't have to do that. The loom extension from WF still wasn't long enough so I cut and spliced in an extension to the extension keeping wire colours consistent end-to-end.

Thanks New Bear I think I've got it bent OK, the inner does move along the tubes. I just hope the motor can overcome the inertia on start.

Kerry. Many thanks for the advice. I cannot see the  avatar but I'll have another look at your build site.

I'll check the loom tomorrow and contact WF for an extension.

That photo isn't on the website, if it won't open on your browser, PM me your e-mail address and I'll sent it to you if you want.