Windscreen wiper box position

homesteady

I've progressed to the scuttle on my 1800 zetec SEIW build and I'm worried about finding the correct place to drill to fit the wipers. The "manual" say to put the fillet in place and drill through the bosses - but the fillet position to me is somewhat variable and the bosses don't line up well with the indents in the scuttle. Has anyone got a better method description or better still pictures to show how they did it?

Many thanks with your help I'll be on the road by springtime :D

No!

Mine ended up at the wrong angle and there's not a lot I can do about it now except not go out in the rain. I would aim for something like 30 degrees from the scuttle, mine are more like 45 degrees. The angle on the rubber thingys probably determines in more than anything.

The angle on the rubber thingys probably determines in more than anything.

Surely you should trim the rubber things to suit, rather than have the rest of it determined by them?

Surely you should trim the rubber things to suit, rather than have the rest of it determined by them?

Yeah I'm sure I fiddled around with my rubber thingy's, but it was 8 years ago so it's a little bit hazy  :suspect:

Yeah I'm sure I fiddled around with my rubber thingy's, but it was 8 years ago so it's a little bit hazy  :suspect:

You're doing OK. I'm having trouble remembering the day before yesterday...

Yeah I'm sure I fiddled around with my rubber thingy's, but it was 8 years ago so it's a little bit hazy  <!--emo&:suspect:

what was it you were talking about  ???  ???  ???

Thanks guys ! Special thanks to Ryan with whom I had a lengthy telephone conversation. Good luck with the impending SVA test I trust Westfield get the right parts to you in time

John

Yeah I'm sure I fiddled around with my rubber thingy's, but it was 8 years ago so it's a little bit hazy  <!--emo&:suspect:

what was it you were talking about  ???  ???  ???

Half past nine...

Thanks toNew Bear the wiper boxes  are cut and in place . But surprise  , surprise, when I bend the outer sleeve for the wiper drive link it fouls with the demister plate. have you all met this one? There's no suggestion of a problem in the manual. It does'nt promote confidence in the lonley builder. I don't mind being slow but surely this is a design issue which needs highlighting in the "new " manual. Has any one seen it.

Fed up- this was supposed to be fun  !!

Out of curiosity which side of the scuttle did you mount the motor on? looking from the driver's side? I mounted mine as per the manual on the left. The loom is wired for mounting on the right! and the cover is also designed to fit this side. The scuttle is one of the more challenging aspects of the build and requires quite a bit of fiddling to get things to fit and work as intended. However stck with it and you'll be on the home stretch..

I mounted mine on the left, but then I would because the manual says so. I must learn not to be so dependant on the written page! As for the loom problem I didn't think to look for the connector yet and as for cover what cover? Looks like I've got more "scuttling" to do before I can start enjoying the process again.

Thanks for your advice.

WF will give you an extension to the loom for the motor. Though the one I had was still too short so I spliced a bit into the middle to keep the wire colours at the conenctors consistent.

I have a photo of the inside of the scuttle somewhere I think. But as said, it's a time consuming bit of work.