• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• custardtart

• Asterix

• Mikey91

Thanks to everyone that turned out - apologies for an early finish  :down:  :down: just one of those things that happen  :down:  :down:

Big thanks for Brian and the factory for turning up with loads bits and pieces to ensure everyone had parts available if needed.

Even bigger thanks to Barney and Darren for their tireless work all day with track guidance  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Thanks guys for organising a brilliant day - a well run track day, friendly people and sunshine....what more can you ask for!

Looking forward to the next one!

On another note, I stayed at Kirkby House (about 100yards from the Mallory entrance) on Thursday night, http://www.kirkby-house.com/index-1.html, i would highly reconmend this hotel to anyone needing to stay at Mallory Park.....we were made very welcome and the service was second to none.

Again massive thanks to all organisers for a fantasic day.  :D

Very pleased with the way my car handled although i think i found my limit before the car did.  :p

I stayed in fouth gear all the way around apart from the hairpin where i went third then second back upto third through the elbow and into fouth for the streight. i wondered if this was rule of thumb for that track with a type 9 box or does it change with diferant engine sizes or had i got it all wrong.  :oops:

p.s bomma in the mk 27 in the novice class who was usually behind me also says thanks to all.  :t-up:

Just finished washing , polishing and vacing , well it did deserve it but dont them flattened flys take some shifting.  :cool:

Top day! thanks to all the organising team, would love to know how you managed to get the weather sorted too.. :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Should have some video up in a day or two, from group C. There's a nice couple of laps following Rob Marshall.. :oops:  :) and a lap or two trying to hang on to the Genesis.  :cool:  :cool:

Free breakfast was a nice touch too... ;)  ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

Andrew,

I look forward to seeing the video, it will be interesting to see the flames and the understeer, I must get my video camera repaired so I can start filming again. Thanks again for letting me borrow your spare rear slicks. Do you know what the off sets are of your 7" and 8" rims?

Thanks to all involved in organising the day. I hope the guy that had to be taken to hospital is OK and the damaged cars are soon repaired.

Rob

Andrew,

I look forward to seeing the video, it will be interesting to see the flames and the understeer, I must get my video camera repaired so I can start filming again. Thanks again for letting me borrow your spare rear slicks. Do you know what the off sets are of your 7" and 8" rims?

Thanks to all involved in organising the day. I hope the guy that had to be taken to hospital is OK and the damaged cars are soon repaired.

Rob

...and oversteer out of the hairpin!  :D  :D  7" rims are if my memory seves me well,  et24. The 8" are et107. Doubt if they'd suit anything other that a live axle SEW with fixed arches.. :t-up:

Edited to add, No.. the backspace on the 8" rims is 107mm.. not sure what the ET is, could find out if you need to know.. :blush:

A great day thanks to all. Top service from the factory with bits and tools avaialble. did some excellent work with a tyre pyro and loads of extra set up work on the list, did a bit of camber adjustment at the circuit and knocked 3 seconds....  :devil:

Hey Andrew where did Si go on the way home?

Hey Andrew where did Si go on the way home?

I lost him in the traffic as we joined the M1, dont think he could hack the pace of the Cast Iron Campervan..

I had to pull over after about half a mile on the M1.  Got a major wobble on.  I did discover why though. I really shouldn't put my slicks right at the back.

As soon as I took them out the trailer was great.  Also had a kip near ferrybridge too.

Oh and thanks to the organisers, track staff and the factory mechanics, oh and Brian ( mark's set up guy)  for all the help with my holed radiator.