• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Aeroscreen

Asterix

Because your's doesn't so there  :p  :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

It was introduced a few years back when aero's first became all the rage  ;)

Looking at various other race championships there is often a minimum surface area requirement  ;)

and knowing that many "sprinters" are keen and eager to gain every perceivable milli-second and wind-up a rule was introduced to try and "standardise" as much as possible, othrwise your Class win will never be because you drove faster but because your aero-screen is 10mm lower than someone elses  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

It was introduced a few years back when aero's first became all the rage  ;)

Looking at various other race championships there is often a minimum surface area requirement  ;)

and knowing that many "sprinters" are keen and eager to gain every perceivable milli-second and wind-up a rule was introduced to try and "standardise" as much as possible, othrwise your Class win will never be because you drove faster but because your aero-screen is 10mm lower than someone elses  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

aaah no. You misunderstand me misunderstanding your original misunderstoodment.

When I said "WHY?" I meant "what have you?" :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Have you been sniffin the epoxy resin again Mr C  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Plays Kool, Westfield or Carbon Mods  :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D

In Classes E and F aero-screens or wind deflectors to project at least 75mm above original scuttle line, to extend over both driver and passenger cockpit zones, .....................................

:D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D there you go, always a pleasure, never a chore  :D

Fit a windscreen and some proper tyres and drive it in a real class  :devil:

Yep wot John said  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

Please sod off to Class C Mr Cox  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D

I got a windscreen and all the gubbins if you want to buy it  :D

In Classes E and F aero-screens or wind deflectors to project at least 75mm above original scuttle line, to extend over both driver and passenger cockpit zones, .....................................

:D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D there you go, always a pleasure, never a chore  :D

Putting my aeroscreen on so I'll make sure mine is the right height, thanks for that.  :t-up:

Personally I think this statement should be qualified, there are a number of cars running in the SS which peak at 75mm in the centre of each cockpit zones but are only 75mm for a couple of cm before reducing rapidly down to 0mm or very close in the centre. IMO this doesn't reflect "75mm above original scuttle line, to extend over both driver and passenger cockpit zones"

:devil:

But from your description it satisfies the "over both driver and passenger cockpit zones" so there is no problem if it dips between the 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.