• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Idea: Lap of the UK?

hogman

love the idea of this trip was going to do it on me bike but bought a westy so well up for it now let me no when where what time  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hogman

• new bear

• green-light-on

• sideways

Had seriously considered taking two weeks off work to drive down to Monaco in mine next year  :D  but this sounds like a blinding idea.

If the timings right I would definitely be up for some if not all of this.

In terms of Charity don't the factory have some link with the National Autistic Society? I would have to admit to a bias for this as my youngest is Autistic...

Jace

....................following the coast it's about 2750 miles on major roads .........................

Makes it a major expedition. Some trip!!!

if my figures are correct,  that would cost me about 500 squids in go go juice.   would be a fun 500 beans though :D  :cool:

Spent less than that with the Westy V8 in the USA and we did 4500 miles!!

Buzz

I only get 100 miles per 20 squid tank full.  maybe i should look at my mixture or stop driving in lead foot wear! :laugh:

Since my Daughter was diagnosed with Cancer 4 years ago and thanks to the excellent care and support she (and we) received over 2 years I have wondered on many occasions how one could ever repay and give something back to those who pulled us through..

I think i've just found a fund raising plan that may help me help those that helped us so much !!!

keep me posted

Thanks guys, still waiting on a response from the factory before planning further. We do have plan B if the factory isnt interested so dont worry!

More details to follow

Cheers

Kevin

Calling Cambs Chapter............. ???  ???  ???

Liam I'd be up for some of this....it's a great idea and would be an ideal opportunity to raise some dosh for charity.  Calling Chaz  ???

No word from the factory yet, I will give them to next week and contact them again.

Am in the planning the rough route stage now, once complete I will contact local AO's to get some feedback on roads and the route to make it as exciting as possible and still see some sites of interest too!

More of an update soon!

Cheers

kevin

• 2 weeks later...
any news been spending loads of time building mine ready for this trip cant wait if you need any help with the somerset bit let me no  :D  :D  :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK more the merrie to join in!

I have ameeting with the Factory in late January to discuss the plan.

After xmas there will be more details as more and more planning is completed.

Look forward to it!

Hope you have a great xmas

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested in doing all or part of the route.

I agree as per earlier posts that to tie in with a few events (factory open day, Curborough etc ) would added interest.

David