The Birkett - Silverstone National

simon4007

And well done to Team Northampton Motorsport all IN Westfields. Seventh on the road and a brilliant 2nd overall after handicap. Troy Robinson, Simon Pryke, Seamus Harding, Didier Prongue.

Also well done to the RAF team for winning the event overall, including Darren Berris in his SEiGHT.

What a brilliant event, where can you watch Touring Cars, 4.2 Litre V Twin Fraser Nash, American Muscle and everything in between in one race with 50 odd cars on the track at any time and car changes happening all of the time so there is a new car to watch every lap.

Will definitely be there next year.

Chris, Simon, Adam and Alex - The Northampton Motorsport Official Supporters Club  :cool:

Did we say 'Hello' Chris? So many people passing through the garage to be honest I'm not sure....

Having to sit in the car for a half hour before going out meant I didn't get a huge amount of time out of the car to talk to people! And when I did I was talking to friends family and the team. Didn't even get down to see Buzz as I promised!! It all gets a bit manic doesnt it?!?!  :D  :D

Hope you had a good day!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simon4007

• Buzz Billsberry

• Chris Elworthy

• Darren B

Yep, and we drank most of your coffee.

I think I was introduced to you as Matt's dad (which is fair enough as I am)

Matt that works for NMS!

Arhhhh ok.... it all makes sense now :)

Hi Mobsey sorry I missed you on saturday bit of a busy day. I see on your footage at start you over taken by  a blue genesis of team Plays -Kool! hope you had a good day

Buzz

I have been involved with 750F teams in the relay for about 15 years. This year was the first year we actually persuaded the handicapper to give us realistic handicaps  :D  :D   It paid off as our 1st team came 4th on handicap after leading at 3 hours. second team not so well (I think the traffic got to a couple of them)  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Thing is to to look at this years lap times, how many fuel stops you actually do (they base the handicaps on assumed tank capacity) etc (everbody did record the lap times didn't they  :p ) and get all your facts together to give the handicapper the realistic truth next year.

PS did any one notice this year a lot of the sandbaggers got revised tack times :laugh:  :laugh:

Great day, best race meeting in the world.

I fancy having a bash at the Birkett next year but can't seem to find any general information.

Had a look on the 750 MC site, google etc.

So the general stuff.......... I presume I need a national B race licence and to be a member of the 750 motor club

Are there any stipulations about cars, max/min numbers of cars and drivers etc etc

When do the regs come out and how quickly does it fill up. Whats the entrance costs?

Ta Everso

Cam

I think you might need to have a minimum number of signatures on your race licence  ;)  ;)  Darren B will be able to give you info  ;)  ;)  :D

I fancy having a bash at the Birkett next year but can't seem to find any general information.

Had a look on the 750 MC site, google etc.

So the general stuff.......... I presume I need a national B race licence and to be a member of the 750 motor club

Are there any stipulations about cars, max/min numbers of cars and drivers etc etc

When do the regs come out and how quickly does it fill up. Whats the entrance costs?

Ta Everso

Hi Cam,

Mark is correct you will need to have a National 'B' license and you will need enough signatures on it to have lost your novice 'X' from the back of the car. I guess with such a huge field and such big differences in speed of all the cars involved, they don't want anyone too green out there!

A team is required to have a minimum of 4 drivers and a maximum of 6.

No competing car can lap the national circuit quicker than a minute or slower than 1:25ish! Open wheel single seaters are not permitted.

Entry fee this year was £950, most teams round this up to £1000 to give something to the marshals fund.

Entry forms go out to all those teams that have competed in the previous race (in April I think) and they all have first refusal of competing again. I would suggest early contact to 750MC to get on to the provisional list as it is such a popular event.

Take a look at this years final instructions web link for more information.

Hope that helps some.  :)

Mark & Simon, thanks for the info

Just re-read Darren's article in WW, suppose I should have done that first  :durr:   :durr:

Looks like I will have to spend next year getting a race licence/getting signatures/loosing my novice X Then hopefully do the Birkett the year after  :(

That decided what I am going to be doing at the Autosport show then.............. finding a series I can race my Westy in  :D

Northern Saloons, Semsec or maybe the 750 Kit Car  ;)  :)  ;)

Good point  ;)  ;)

Cam - check your championship regs - you might have to change a few things  ;)