The Birkett - Silverstone National

simon4007

Hello folks,

Two teams of Westfields will be participating in the annual 750MC Birkett later this month.

'Northampton Motorsport' will see Troy Robinson, Didier Prongue, Seamus Harding, and Simon Pryke competing! Sharing the garage will be drivers Nick & Matt Flowers, along with Brian Small and Andy Mowbray, who together will make up 'Westfield Racers'!

All the competitors can normally be found competing in the the BARC WSCC, all 1.8 Zetecs running Carbs.

If you've not heard of the Birkett before you can find out more by clicking on this link. 51 teams will be competing this year, each team with at least 4 drivers!

Exciting racing is guaranteed!!  :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simon4007

• Buzz Billsberry

• Chris Elworthy

• Darren B

I'll come over for a pot of coffee with u Simon . I'm with the Genesis boys Plays-Kool Motorsport Team.WEre at the top end of the pits and running in class B

Buzz

Hi Buzz,

Not sure if we'll have a coffee pot but you'll be more than welcome to whatever's available :) it'll be nice to meet you!

Have just noticed that one of the westfield teams is in Class B and another in D?! Any idea how that works? We all have very similar times.....

Make sure the Team Manager doesn't spot you skivving or fraternising with the comnpetition Buzz - you are a paid up team member! Remember what happended with Ferrari and McClaren ?

Make sure the Team Manager doesn't spot you skivving or fraternising with the comnpetition Buzz - you are a paid up team member! Remember what happended with Ferrari and McClaren ?

Yeah and I also remebered whats happened to Kylie...

Buzz

Hi Buzz,

Not sure if we'll have a coffee pot but you'll be more than welcome to whatever's available :) it'll be nice to meet you!

Have just noticed that one of the westfield teams is in Class B and another in D?! Any idea how that works? We all have very similar times.....

I think its all about interpretating the rules ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Buzz :suspect:

(ex-Ferrari sucderia)

I'm looking forward to it now I've got my car fixed.

For those who worry about the costs of bending a racecar. I put mine into the tyre wall at Brands. Lost it just after Druids, swapped ends, went sideways across the grass and hit front left corner first immediately followed by left rear corner.

Chassis bent, upper wishbone bent, rack bent, nosecone ripped off, radiator hanging on by the hoses, electric fan handed back by a marshal, oil cooler bent, front wheel damaged. Bit of a mess overall.

Costs to repair. Scrounged a damaged, but not as damaged as mine, nosecone £0. Two new oil cooler hoses £40. New rack £100. Upper wishbone bought secondhand a long time ago just in case £10. Wheel repair at Image not done yet but probably £30-£40. Set of hydraulic rams £75. Car corner weighted and complete suspension set-up £145. Everything else repaired and re-used.

Total cost £410 but the rams may come in useful again or I could sell them and I'd have got the set-up done before next season anyway.

Now I've just got to see how well it goes at Silverstone. :)

I have searched the 750mc website and Silverstone one and cannot find out how much the spectator entrance is.

With the two Westfield teams and a host of other Kit Car entries I was thinking of getting a gaggle of Northants members together to support them.

Can anyone help

I have searched the 750mc website and Silverstone one and cannot find out how much the spectator entrance is.

With the two Westfield teams and a host of other Kit Car entries I was thinking of getting a gaggle of Northants members together to support them.

Can anyone help

I'm having trouble finding that information too Chris!

I wouldn't expect to pay more than £10 - £12 for sure!

:)

I'm in one of the RAF MSA teams down in Garage 9C so I'll wave when I see you on the track.

I've been told that the entrance price is in the order of £10-15.

Just contacted Silverstone: Track Entrance is £9 per person.

I did try to get a WSCC / Group discount but no luck I am afraid.

So, who's up for it from Northants Area / Other Areas.

I'm in one of the RAF MSA teams down in Garage 9C so I'll wave when I see you on the track.

I've been told that the entrance price is in the order of £10-15.

Good to see we're not the only Westfields out there! :)

I'll be interested to see how yours goes..... I bet it thunders down the straights!!  :devil:

I am joint TM (means I get a break this year rather than 6 hours on the wall) for the 750 Fire Engines, anyone is welcome to come and say hello.

Dave

Good to see we're not the only Westfields out there! :)

I'll be interested to see how yours goes..... I bet it thunders down the straights!!  :devil:

You'd be surprised.  The engine is standard and whilst it makes 200BHP and 235lb ft the extra weight means that you lightweights are setting faster lap times...although it does pretty well under brakes, even though I'm on 1Bs.  I did get loads of practice with 40 cars around the National circuit at the end of Sep whilst dicing with 2 V12 XJSs.  Should be fun and I guess it's really in the hands of the handicappers as to how close the racing will end up being.