• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• mark.anson

• Terry Everall

• Mark Stanton

Just phoned up, I'm in, 21st westy out of 21 allowed. I was 2nd reserve up until yesterday, so there's hope for some more yet.

Good luck to those still waiting  :t-up:  :t-up:

Rich

ps

Any others from 'F' know if they are in  ???  ???  ???

21st westy out of 21 allowed

Well done Richard

Thing is in previous years we have had over 40 entries - if organising clubs have a maximum number of cars allowed from any one championship then fine ................................. BUT we should be notified of this fact when invites are sent out - The WSCC is known for good attendances and as such courtesy would be appreciated by noting how many cars they will accept. Then a suitable judgement can be made by the SSOT accordingley  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :mad:

Spot on Mark

If we know the arrangements the committee can decide etc

Why Westfield 21 cars?

Who invented that number and why did nthey not tell us on application etc

Spot on Mark

Why Westfield 21 cars?

This is getting bad if you 2 are agreeing on things.. :oops:

Spot on Mark

Why Westfield 21 cars?

This is getting bad if you 2 are agreeing on things.. :oops:

wot's the world coming to!?! :D  :D  :D

3rd Reserve...

Ive waited a day or so to calm down before replying  to this thread as I was bl**** livid the day I found out I wasnt in. Especially as it may effect class and (novice)championship placings.

I didnt get to speak to Ceri herself, however spoke to her husband for some time.

In thier defence it seems that Ceri volunteered to take on the role of entries sec for the event, with all it entails, as basically no one else in thier club could be arsed doing it.

On thier own admittance they are inexperienced in this and are "finding thier feet" as it were.

It seems it didnt occour to them that they should have acknowleged enties and let people know what was going on prior to the closing date.!!! And also that they were only allowing 21 westfields in.

I stopped short of pointing out that if the WSCC pulled out of thier event they may well not have one at all, as this is obviously a matter for the SSOT.

It is easy to be critical but as Richard has pointed out they are after all unpaid volunteers who have taken on an onerous task, and got a lot of grief as a result.

However, as Richard has also said, people are getting hacked off by matters out of thier control, so these matters need addressing by the SSOT for next year, as I for one dont want to see people leaving to compete in other championships. :(

It isnt fair on anyone, and doesnt make for good competition if some competitors cant get into the events they wish.

Mark

Rich (Scottish bloke) makes an interesting point.

I run 2 other championships and the entries for those rounds and venues has not been quite so problematic. Indeed if loads of club members registered for another championship then the problems may follow that large group.

Nonetheless this year the WSCC appears to have been limited on entries on some events.

Maybe we can secure more positions if we do as the Caterhams Grads did for Aintree - agree early in the year how many cars will enter.

It all seems to be a function of how successful the club is !

I will need to find something else to do now as the list is finalised and I am not in. May I suggest that the SSOC consider whether we should have it in calendar next year. The organisers claim that regs were sent to all clubs in MAY??????????????????????????

Only my biased, fed up and p....d off viewpoint :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

I will need to find something else to do now as the list is finalised and I am not in
You could always look after my dog for the day Terry :laugh:

Is your car fixed and ready to roll BTW?

95% complete and totally revamped :p  :love:  :suspect:

Shame for those in reserve, I have just phoned to see if I can cancel as something has come up, but unfortunately I lose my entry fee, so I will be there after all, unless someone wants to assume my identity!

You should not lose your entry fee with more than 7 days to go!