Westfield Sports Cars Ltd

Mark Stanton

Please find below some info from Paul Faithfull - Technical Director at Wesfield Sports Cars Ltd.

.....................................................................................

Can the WSCC members please complete the survey on the WSC Ltd website.

It only takes about 5

minutes and will feed into future product development direction.

WSC Ltd Survey

On the SE/SEi discussion from the board, this is not an indication of dropping support for older models.

We are looking to come up with a more coherent naming of the SE models that simplifies the purchase

proposition for new customers - as the current naming standard can be confusing.  

Notably SEi which anyone with general automotive experience would take to mean fuel injection, not independent suspension.

In effect all new sales are SEiW models according to the original naming standard.

Hope this clarifies.

Many thanks

Paul

Me too; only saw it today by chance, rarely visit the factory site nowadays  :blush:  :blush:

What Westfield model do you either currently drive or would be interested in?*

NO Seight listed what an insult

2.5 Ford ST220 not even a Factory Option

Honda firebird don't you mean Blackbird

Filled it in, and agree that this sort of thing will help the company prioritise where to put its development & marketing effort to best use.  

However I couldn't help thinking that the survey could have been a little better thought through.  For example, it should ask whether you already own a westy or are thinking of buying.  I would expect the relative importance of the various features would be very different between the two groups...  I know my general expectation of the vehicle and opinion on what features I'd like to see is very different now that I've owned and lived with one  :laugh:

However I couldn't help thinking that the survey could have been a little better thought through.  For example, it should ask whether you already own a westy or are thinking of buying.

What Westfield model do you either currently drive or would be interested in?* was the first question

What Westfield model do you either currently drive or would be interested in?*

Yes it asks for a model, but doesn't actually ask whether you already have one.  That's exactly my point.   ???

What an utterly tosh survey.

And would anyone really want ANY of those things they ask about at the end?

Cruise control, power steering etc etc.

What's

Boost (push to pass)

then?

You already have one. Its either an indicator or a horn  :D

What an utterly tosh survey.

And would anyone really want ANY of those things they ask about at the end?

Cruise control, power steering etc etc.

Yep! They sure would, cruise control for a 6ft with long legs covering 400-500miles in one stretch en route to the alps/Pyrenees. Would make the trip soooo much more comfortable. I should know I have done it a few times............mind you worth it when you get there  :D

My opinion was that many of the "new" features listed are good for a new modern car, but will a Westy ever compete in that space - short of a complete redesign our cars will never be long distance every day cars - isn't it all about handling, little weight etc etc A bit dangerous to try to compete with a BMW Z4 for example .... Maybe launch control and ABS but not at the expense of low weight  :)