• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• samcooke

• ChrisF

• chazpowerslide

We had a good run back on the A10, spirited not mad with plenty of overtaking opportunities  :D

Had the two bolts that hould the rear exhaust mount come loose but appart from that the car done well.

Chaz.

Photo-0003.jpg

Note particularly the artistic parking

Photo-0001.jpg

According to the scenery, Sam was travelling backwards at a considerable speed.....and he doesn't have a reverse gear.......Hmmmmm

???  ???  ???  ???

Hi Chas

Out here in East Texas most drive pick up trucks..I have a Chevvy 3/4 ton with a 6 litre 320 HP to runa round in... so when I'm out in the Westy I get some good looks.. infact most people think it's pretty cool.. infact at the 3 track days I've done through out the day I get plenty of positive comments... especially when I have pushed a few Corvettes etc round the track!!

Currently I have a standard Zetec that runs out of puff on the long straights..but I think when I get it sorted should be even more fun

There are a few caterinvans over here but mostly Birkins - made in South Africa.

There is quite a good following however spread out over the whole country

Have fun in France

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Chas

Out here in East Texas most drive pick up trucks..I have a Chevvy 3/4 ton with a 6 litre 320 HP to runa round in... so when I'm out in the Westy I get some good looks.. infact most people think it's pretty cool.. infact at the 3 track days I've done through out the day I get plenty of positive comments... especially when I have pushed a few Corvettes etc round the track!!

Currently I have a standard Zetec that runs out of puff on the long straights..but I think when I get it sorted should be even more fun

There are a few caterinvans over here but mostly Birkins - made in South Africa.

There is quite a good following however spread out over the whole country

Have fun in France

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Good to hear that your still enjoying the delights of Westfield ownership....all be it on the wrong side of the pond  :oops:  :D   We'll have a beer for you at lemans  :t-up:

What reception do you get in a Westy in The US of A.

Chaz.

probably the same as here - which is why i diid'nt fit a radio !!!

Weird photo of me.

Not only is it distored all over the shop, but it seems to have somehow given me what looks like a double chin. Obviously the camera is faulty.

Back to Mr F's question :

Okay I've been away for a few days and just trying to catch up on what is going on is a minefield....are we meeting at somewhere in St Ives one night this week to sort out details of the trip

Are we doing Old Ferry Boat Inn on Thursday? What time?

Don't spose anyone has some accurate calipers they can bring tonight? I need to measure some shims to 0.02mm accuracy.

Everyone knows about the revised time at birchanger services (stanstead) of 7.30 departure?

Everyone knows about the revised time at birchanger services (stanstead) of 7.30 departure?

Yep.....see you at 7.15 for 7.30am departure  :t-up:

The lotus lads eventually get their stickers on the cars today.......5 hours and 100 emails later.....i'll explain another day

we do now -- thanks scruff... 7.15 it is then...