• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Cambridge To Lemons

scruffythefirst

Thanks Chaz :t-up:  see you at stanstead services petrol station forcourt at 7.45, wil sort out luggage with sam :p

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• samcooke

• ChrisF

• chazpowerslide

Roger all the above,

Stansted at 7.45 it is then..(via Duxford ?)..how i love the M25 in the rush hour of a morning but 2 hours should get us through the worst of it...

just gotta run some more miles on the new engine, change the oil, fit the rear lights, and i'll be ready...

:t-up: Thanks Mr Powerslide 7.45 @ Stansted sounds nice and easily doable  :t-up:

Scruff - ring me (or I'll ring you) at some stage and we can have a beer somewhere to sort logistics. Next week's weather looks better.

Greg - I'll be going in the tin top so if you need me to take anything let me know, I'm only 10 miles up the road.

Well I bought shorts, a tent, air bed, gazeebo, lantern and fixed the car today.

Then discovered Its probably not fixed completely :arse:

You mean it's still a Dax?  ;)

Yeah, if it had been your bus, the problem could easily have been solved by a can of petrol and some matches :p

Now then ladies and gentlemen, I have your tickets.... I also have stickers being done, hugh, do you want any?

30cm tall, 75cm long, a big 24 on the left and heurs de mans 16-17 june 2007 on the right. One colour vinal (black/white or other simple colour) and £3 each.

Why don't we try and meat up this weekend or some time next week in the evening, Huntingdon area at say the ferry man pub? In fact I am there Saturday lunch time if everyone else can make it?

We can go through what legal stuff you need to take with you, who is carrying what luggage for who and how we get it there, the route in France (liam has a route via petrol stations) and what we all want to do actually in Le mans.

The meeting up in the UK bit is OK in principle, but we are time critical till we check in, then we are free as you like. The min check in time is 10.50am, so leaving maidstone services at 10,00am sharp with 25 miles to go is about right to comfortably get everyone checked in.....You all need my credit card remember to do this.....thus we all get on the same train if not the same carrage. But as you leave the train in France, the first thing you see is a Total petrol station and it will be full of brits. We will meet up and set off from here if nothing else.

Meeting everyone in the Uk is OK, but we will not have time to wait/ get back in cars etc, as 5 mins becomes 10 becomes 30 mins, and we will still have teh M25/QE bridge to tackle in rush hour and my car will not do 80 down the motorway, think 65 is more like it.

My plan was very simple, I will leave mine at 7.00am full of fule. I will have to stop at the services at stanstead/bishops storford for fule, then again at maidsstone. If you are there and want to drive at my slow pace, then so be it, if not then fine, but I am not wiating for anyone. At 10.00am I will be leaving maidstone, and once on the train I simply will not care anymore, as my job of getting you all checked in will be over. The problem is I do not know what time I will be where, but I assume that 3 hours is plenty to do what I can do in 2 hours in the BMW

Other than that we say meet at various points but add in pleanty of time: like depart shell petrol station A14 at say 7.15am, depart Stansted services at say 8.00am, and maidstone services at 10.00am

If anyone has any better ideas that do not rely on me getting out of bed at 5 am then I'm all for hearing them.

Home email is poorly, so try

mark.jackson@ashbury.co.uk

or 07860 582321

I'll take a sticker in white please Mark :t-up:

I have my own tickets and tunnel booking, although it is on the same train / timeslot as yourselves.

Why so slow mark?

Do I need a front number plate and does it have to be a legal size?

Can most likely do saturday, supposed to be going to stawberry fair at some point but not really that bothered.

Only 4 gears Hugh, so 4000rpm is 65ish and that is plenty of fule and noise for me for 7 hours.

Yes you will need one, but if that is all they get you on, then job well done.

Mark

I do the route in question on an almost daily basis,at about the time your going to be doing it,i stop at Aylesford.

My thoughts through experiance are.

I think you will be pushing it to get to stanstead in an hour, at that time of day the A14 Huntingdon - M11 will be stuffed.

Also,just be aware that the major roadworks at the A2/M2 jnct just after the QE2 bridge have been regularly causing longer delays getting through the tolls(slow for several miles some days) and indeed queing after the booths untill you get past the A2/M2jnct.

Good chance i`ll be heading round that way myself about the same time in the truck,i`ll look out for all of you.

Red FH12,red trailer,driver franticly waving,that will be me then :p  :D

Have a good trip.

Graham

I am indeed taking rather a large french barge.... the boot of which should be fairly full of coolboxes carrying decent booze....none of that 1664 for me this year! :D  I would take a westy....but she is still in numerous parts following some destructive upgrading and restyling ><

Mark (J) I'll try to give you a ring Friday and see about meeting up Saturday, Liam is already trying to reserve all my spare space... claims he needs to take clothes and a tent apparently....