• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Cambridge To Lemons

scruffythefirst

So I've started a thread so we can organise the Le Mans trip.

So far we have

Mark J

Chris

Liam and son Andrew

Chaz

Sparky

Greg Butterworth

Simon Kilby

Charlie Menard and Sonia Lovejoy

Mark Bryne and Ian Goodchild

Mark's friend Paul and from work and his friend (!)

Sam and Geordie Dr Steve

Me

Plus the others I've forgotten, chaz is much better at these posts than me.

Meeting places would be handy, I guess on the Uk side we'll go via the M11 and then M25.  

Milton for the cambs crew and then how about stumps cross (no services), Four wentways (BP, little chef etc) or Bishops Stortford Services on the M11 for all the southerners.

Anyone got any route ideas for the cheese eating leg, Evo reckon the A16, A28 then the N138, A28.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• samcooke

• ChrisF

• chazpowerslide

Thats alright Chris, we only alowing people with good engines to come along (and sam) :p

Its supposed to be a humourous spelling of Le mans, but nevermind I've changed it just for you :p:D

humourous spelling

*snigger *

(and sam)

Am now resigned to coming in the bob marley :(

That VW engine we took to bits yesterday might well be fooked so I'm going on a money saving binge. :(

Bet my 50mpg hatch can get me there quicker than you lot in your silly kit cars. What am I bid for a six pack's worth of boot space?  ;)

I think the full list is :

Mark J

Chris

Liam and son Andrew

Chaz

Sparky

Greg Butterworth

Simon Kilby

Charlie Menard and Sonia Lovejoy

Mark Bryne and Ian Goodchild

Mark's friend Paul and from work and his friend (!)

Me and Geordie Dr Steve

What makes you think the bus engine is knackered sam?  You seemed quietly confident it was ok, other than the oil seal / clutch.

I think the reason for the leak might be that there is play in the crank bearings enabling the crank to float about and pummel the seal. Need to borrow a dial measurer thing from somewhere to be certain. :(

Spoke to Mark J earlier, wonder if it would be worth us all meeting for a beer to dicuss meeting points, who's carrying what for whom etc?

I hear sparky's bottling it and coming in some sort of French barge.  :down:

I hear sparky's bottling it and coming in some sort of French barge.  :down:

Very capacious French barge  :D  :D

Ohhh, maybe I can bring the brick BBQ, patio, sun lounger and jeeves after all  :D

Beer sounds good, and now I've got the car back its a great excuse for a blatt  :cool:

Beer sounds good, and now I've got the car back its a great excuse for a blatt

Go on then, show us this camel hide and goose down hood.

Weather looks cack all week. Praps provisionally suggest an evening next week when it's brighter? I like evening blats.  :love:

Its supposed to be a humourous spelling of Le mans, but nevermind I've changed it just for you :p:D

Hugh you get me there  :laugh:

Spoke to Mark J earlier, wonder if it would be worth us all meeting for a beer to dicuss meeting points, who's carrying what for whom etc?

Beer beer....did someone mention a beer  :t-up:

BTW Hugh was it you who found a shipwreck recently  ???

BTW Hugh was it you who found a shipwreck recently  ???

Nope, 2 months surveying the seabed in indonesia we found sfa.  Good job really as I didn't want to be responsible for an oil rg 200m off the glorious tropical beaches

The tickets I was told to book mean a check in time at le chunnel of 10:50 with a departure time of 11:20.  Its about 110 miles from my place so about 2 hours, give or take fuel stops.

It seems a bit odd for me and sam to trundle up to marks on the thursday morning, we'd have to leave about 4 hours earlier than normal, assuming your route includes the M11, or a road in the vicinity.  If its ok with sam I'll drop my camping kit off with him sometime during the week, probably tuesday or wednesday but I might pop up to marks on the tuesday anyway.

What route did you have planned from Marks chaz?

Right, spoken with Mark earlier the deal is this.

He's leaving home at 7am heading down the M11 onto the M25 and M20.

He's meeting up with the guys from the south at Maidstone services on the M20 at 10am.

There will be no faffing about or time wasting, a quick "splash" for those that require it and then "dash" to the Chunnel terminal (about 20 miles from maidstone services)

Check-in time is at 10:50 at the Chunnel terminal so this gives plenty of time to get from Maidstone services to the Check-in, get in the queue and get sorted out prior to driving onto the train which departs at 11:20.

We are time critical so having lots of meeting points is a bit of a no no as we'll waste loads of time waiting for people to fuel up, have a natter, tyre kicking and generally faff about.

With this in mind I'm going to be at the Stansted services on the M11 at 7:45 sharp, fuelled, sat in the car and waiting to go.

Mark will be in for fuel around 8 to 8:10am and will leave straight away once fuelled up, no chatting, tyre kicking, I'll tag on at that point.

I suggest that if the Cambs contingent of the Le Mans party want to convoy down to the Chunnel Terminal with Mark and I (possibly Liam and Sparky too) you'll need to be at the Stansted Services on the M11 at 7:45 sharp, fuelled and sat in the car ready to go.

If you aint there we won't wait and you'll have to get to either Maidstone services and be ready to move off by 10am or at the Chunnel terminal by 10:30am at the latest to meet up with the rest of the group to sort Check-in ect.

Those that want to get the camping kit to Mark's house prior to Thursday will have to individually make arrangements with him to do so.

Chaz.