Wide Track Front Suspension

originalgeezer

As a new boy, it all gets confusing, but looking to upgrade to wide track front suspension and have been looking at prices offered and quality, but have little experience on the suppliers of westfield parts.

Factory, expensive!

CAT Motorsport appear to be well priced and nice guys

Others?

Just looking to find out quality against cost, dont want to buy the cheapest to find out they are the worst quality, hence cheap.

If dont want to disclose your view in public, please pM me.

Thanks

I've used Cat for a few years and would recommend.

The Westfield factory is also a good system.

SBD can offer widetrack

Sillman is a very nice and trick piece of kit

GTS also manufacture a more cost effective system as do ProComp.

Pays yer money takes yer choice - cheapest may not always be best for your own requirements and use  ;)  :D

Just to add, I personally would look for a set with the 'camber adjuster' in the top wishbone, I know that at least 2 of the suppliers mentioned offer a similar system (don't know about the others) it makes adjusting the wheels sooooo much easier!  :t-up:  :D

Caged also developed a widetrack.  Not the cheapest, but good quality and I am very happy with it.

Thanks guys, nice to get some positive feedback on CAT Motorsport as I really did appreciate the mannerism in which they dealt with my enquiry in the first instance and they are competitively priced so think they will be my preferred choice.

With the Wide Track, all be it subjective to taste, what settings would you recommend for Toe, Camber, Castor for good stability but good turn in still?

Collecting mine from Andy this weekend  :cool:

Was hoping to order mine today, but want to investigate a little bit more before deciding.

However, priced it up from the Factory and I think they must have thought the price I requested included the fitting!!!!

How Much!

Are the others that cheap as they are no good, inferior quality and Westfields have been developed, tested, made to quality process and accuracy?

I asked the factory to quantify why they are so much more expensive, thus far no reply.

I know the Cat system has had some serious track testing and feedback  ;)  ;)  :)

Get one with the infinitely adjustable camber/quick camber adjuster definitely. Worth 100quid extra.

The ones without you have to undo the balljoint and then can only adjust in units of 1 turn of the balljoint which is approx 0.4 degrees. Quite a tolerance!

Just to add, I personally would look for a set with the 'camber adjuster' in the top wishbone, I know that at least 2 of the suppliers mentioned offer a similar system (don't know about the others)....

Which ones have camber adjustment?  

The Westfield factory one and .......

I know the Caged one does (as that's what I got).  I thought the Cat ones and the GTS ones came with camber adjusters as well now.  ???  ???

... I thought the Cat ones and the GTS ones came with camber adjusters as well now.  ???  ???

I thought so too, but have just looked on the Cat website & the picture of their widetrack doesn't have it.

Anybody know if this is just out of date?

I'm sure Cat Motorsport would have the definitive answer.

I put the Westfield product on mine - as part of the bulk buy.   It's a shame you missed the boat, cuz it's well made stuff, and the camber adjustment is a doddle.

I know the Caged one does (as that's what I got).  I thought the Cat ones and the GTS ones came with camber adjusters as well now.  ???  ???

GTS defintely comes with the camber adjusters, you can also use your existing shocks and ARB with no mods needed to the chassis pick up points with the GTS.